The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BEST EQ plugin for PT 5.1 Mix ???
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear
BEST EQ plugin for PT 5.1 Mix ???

Which one was the very best sonically for that system ? I am still using 5.1 with a 5 card Mix system, which I'm sure sounds quite antiquated to most. But it serves my purposes as I am mixing OTB into a Trident series 80.

I'm just looking for the best plugin EQ for when i run out of Trident EQs and need something that can do a decent job.

I keep thinking the Sony Oxford must be the best, but I'm wondering if there are any other contenders I have not thought of. I have the Waves Renn. EQ, Filterbank, Focusrite D2, TC EQ, and a few others.

I just wondering if there is something considerably better than these, and if it causes significant delay issues or not ?
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Nut

I used Filterbank with happiness a lot when I was PT5.1 based.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

I don't remember what can be used on that system, but FilterBank and the Oxford are great contenders for any system IMO.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search