The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SOMEONE TELL ME IF MY GEAR CHOICES ARE OK AND IF THEY WILL WORK!!! Studio Monitors
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

SOMEONE TELL ME IF MY GEAR CHOICES ARE OK AND IF THEY WILL WORK!!!

This is my first time here and I have a question. I am opening a new studio and I have been researching and researching to find out what is the best out there. Below is what I have come up with. I would appreciate any feedback on this equipment and let me know what you think and if this will all work together. I have my Argosy desk and Computer already.

-Pro Tools HD Accel 1
-EMM Labs 8 channels AD
-Digidesign 192 digital I/O
-Digidesign 96i I/O
-8 channels of Millennia Pre
-2 channels of LaChapell Audio 992EG Pre
-4 channels of GML 8304 Pre
-Auto tune software
-3 Ultrasone Pro-line 650 headphones
-1 Grado headphones
-3 Power pro centers
-1 Masterlink
-2 Adam Audio P33a monitors
-Crane Song AVOCET
-Alpha Track controller
-Antelope Isochrone Clock
-4 SM57 microphones
-Soundelux E251C microphone
-Earthworks microphones
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I would opt for HD 2 or higher, drop the 96i interface, go for a 192 analog. Just one man's opinion...
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfoote8 View Post
This is my first time here and I have a question. I am opening a new studio and I have been researching and researching to find out what is the best out there. Below is what I have come up with. I would appreciate any feedback on this equipment and let me know what you think and if this will all work together. I have my Argosy desk and Computer already.

-Pro Tools HD Accel 1
-EMM Labs 8 channels AD
-Digidesign 192 digital I/O
-Digidesign 96i I/O
-8 channels of Millennia Pre
-2 channels of LaChapell Audio 992EG Pre
-4 channels of GML 8304 Pre
-Auto tune software
-3 Ultrasone Pro-line 650 headphones
-1 Grado headphones
-3 Power pro centers
-1 Masterlink
-2 Adam Audio P33a monitors
-Crane Song AVOCET
-Alpha Track controller
-Antelope Isochrone Clock
-4 SM57 microphones
-Soundelux E251C microphone
-Earthworks microphones

I love Grado Heaphones. NICE!!!!!!
I would upgrade your converters. Maybe Apogee or Lynx. you can get the Lynx 16Ch. converter for less money. and it sounds better. If you like the sound of the digis keep em. but PLEASE audition the Lynx aurora and Apogee converters before you buy.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by walth View Post
I would upgrade your converters.
Why would you ask him to upgrade the converters? The EMM Labs converter will smoke the Apogee & Lynx
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit mangler View Post
Why would you ask him to upgrade the converters? The EMM Labs converter will smoke the Apogee & Lynx
didn't see the EMM Labs.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

I would love to eliminate the 96i I/O and add another another Emm Labs 8 channel converter! Just use the 192 digital I/O as a 16 channel input for the Emm Labs. Is this overkill??? Also anyone who has some recommendations for other equipment instead of what i have listed, please feel free!!! Thanks for the reply's so far.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

Also just FYI. I have around $36,000.00 for my budget so if anyone who has been in the industry for a while and knows their stuff and wants to change some things around for me, that would be great! I am basically looking for the best I can get for the money I have. I need at least 16 simultaneous ins and stereo out.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

i don't know if i'd be sold on your microphone selection, but maybe it's just me
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

What do you recommend?...microphones I mean.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

oh jesus...the options are endless

not to say that the mics you listed wouldn't have their place in any studio - it just seems that your selection would be rather limited. i'm also not seeing why you would say that you need 16 simultaneous i/o, but only planning on buying 7 microphones.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

I am sorry I should have said earlier that I have a bunch of other microphones already. These are just some some more I was looking at. Let's do this...If you had my budget which set of stereo mics and a vocal mic would you choose? I truly appreciate your input!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search