The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What's the word on Soundelux mics? Condenser Microphones
Old 30th November 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGreene Audio View Post
Crap I wish you hadn't showed me that. Now I want my E250's in chrome.

They look fantastic.

I might even say that they now look as fantastic as they sound!
Probably I shouldn't have. I think this is the first picture I've shared publicly, though I've had it for nearly three years.

And don't hold your breath for getting one. David made mine and did one other body "while he was at it." He kept that one for himself. It's the one you see above on the right as a prototype (model number withheld). Those are the only two on the planet.

The only down side is that you need to handle it with gloves on because it shows fingerprints easily. But when it's shined up? There's not a prettier mic around. Not that I've seen anyway. She's a beauty.
Old 30th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Fuston View Post
Probably I shouldn't have. I think this is the first picture I've shared publicly, though I've had it for nearly three years.

And don't hold your breath for getting one. David made mine and did one other body "while he was at it." He kept that one for himself. It's the one you see above on the right as a prototype (model number withheld). Those are the only two on the planet.

The only down side is that you need to handle it with gloves on because it shows fingerprints easily. But when it's shined up? There's not a prettier mic around. Not that I've seen anyway. She's a beauty.
I was wondering about the fingerprint problem. Oh well with mics that nice you should be handleing them with "Kid Gloves" anyway.

Michael Greene
Old 30th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGreene Audio View Post
I was wondering about the fingerprint problem. Oh well with mics that nice you should be handleing them with "Kid Gloves" anyway.
I would wear a radiation suit.
Old 3rd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsx View Post
I can't say definitively, I just know that I was asking around about some Bock microphones towards the end of September and Sweetwater told me they would be getting a handful in a couple weeks with more coming a couple weeks after that, which lead me to assume it must be something of a regular occurrence. Whether they actually came in or not I'm unsure, but that is at least what they told me. ToddP above would apparently know much more than I would.
I'm pretty sure Sweetwater hasn't received any 195s. I've checked with my sales rep there a number of times over the last few months starting around August, and he's said, "Still waiting."

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search