The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Deane Jensen tube preamp ?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Deane Jensen tube preamp ?

Anybody ever encountered a Deane Jensen tube preamp ?

I believe they are custom or built by order and not manufactured in greater numbers.

Given the high praise of pretty much all products involving Deane Jensen's circuit designs I'm curious about the custom tube pre.

Should I buy instantly if I happened to find one ?

Help appreciated.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

bump
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Did Deane ever do a tube pre? I know they made transformers that would work fine in a tube pre front end, but don't recall his specific involvement in other than a high quality solid state approach using a Jensen transformer and discrete opamp(s).

JR
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Addict

I dont think he made any stand alone tube pres...
The only Deane Jensen model I remember released was named the Boulder mic pre (1987?). I did see that pre only once for sale...its was one of a few that were made. I beleive saw one on Ebay about a year ago or so....not tube BTW.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruition2k View Post
I dont think he made any stand alone tube pres...
The only Deane Jensen model I remember released was named the Boulder mic pre (1987?). I did see that pre only once for sale...its was one of a few that were made. I beleive saw one on Ebay about a year ago or so....not tube BTW.
Deane was also involved with one or two from Hardy, but I though all those were solid state.

JR
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I believe the poster's referring to the schematics and design for a high quality tube pre-amp on the Jensen website that a lot of diy guys have built. It's a very good preamp designed by Bill Whitlock the Pres. of Jensen Transformers though I don't believe Jenson ever manufactured this preamp.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search