The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good Clock /Bad Clock Digital Converters
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Good Clock /Bad Clock

I'm buying two good channels of conversion. Probably a UA 2192. A simple question.....will this improve the conversion in my MOTU 896(low end I know) if I clock it externally from the 2192 (using in a bed track situation)?....there's lot's of people who don't know...please give me a some high end (from experience) opinions. Yes there are other threads...but a lot of opinions from people without experience. I'm working on serious projects and can't afford 16 great channels...BTW I think it does.... also (from a high end guy who I trust completely) I was told to track, mix and master with the same clock. The straight goods please. Thanks.

Nick
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

2192 clock wouldn´t improve anything clock-wise in my opinion.

the conversion plus the analog touch will be very different to the motu, but it´s always the question if "better".

i´m a UA-fan and heard 2192 compared to Apogee Rosetta, Lavry Blue and Benchmark. liked rosetta and 2192 best.
Old 31st May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickynicknick View Post
I'm buying two good channels of conversion. Probably a UA 2192. A simple question.....will this improve the conversion in my MOTU 896(low end I know) if I clock it externally from the 2192 (using in a bed track situation)?....there's lot's of people who don't know...please give me a some high end (from experience) opinions. Yes there are other threads...but a lot of opinions from people without experience. I'm working on serious projects and can't afford 16 great channels...BTW I think it does.... also (from a high end guy who I trust completely) I was told to track, mix and master with the same clock. The straight goods please. Thanks.

Nick
with silver cables or minium 99.997% true OFC with OFC shield, yes.
the ua 2192 probably has way better clock than motu.
also clocks get affected by dirt in AC power, get a furman ar-15 series ][, or better.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-...hout-ears.html

hear tests in gear shoot outs...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search