The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for knobs for Neumann EQ's
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Looking for knobs for Neumann EQ's

Anyone know where I can get some knobs for my Neumann EQ's? I've searched all over with no luck so far. Here are some pictures of the unit, and the attachments for the knobs. The posts are not standard size, and I've tried Digikey's knobs, but they don't fit. Neumann USA is also unable to point me in the right direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for knobs for Neumann EQ's-neq-short-1a.jpg   Looking for knobs for Neumann EQ's-neq-tall-1a.jpg   Looking for knobs for Neumann EQ's-neumann-recall.jpg  
Old 23rd August 2007
mas
Gear Nut

Hi,

as far as I know, the knobs you are searching for are quite untypical for Neumann gear.
Those knobs were mostly used on Siemens modules. I have made some additional pictures you can use for your search.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for knobs for Neumann EQ's-knobs.jpg   Looking for knobs for Neumann EQ's-siemens-knopf.jpg  
Old 23rd August 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

So, did you just take a picture of a box full of them, and say "good luck with the search?"
Old 23rd August 2007
mas
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
So, did you just take a picture of a box full of them, and say "good luck with the search?"
Oh, sorry but don´t get me wrong.
I´m not a dealer or something. I just have some of those knobs (not many either), but as I also have some Siemens modules, they´re not for sale as I´m keeping them for my own needs because I guess it will get increasingly hard to find original replacement parts in the future.

I thought it might be useful to point out that it would be better to search for "Siemens knobs" to get these, and that some more detailed pictures wouldn´t hurt in order to get the right ones. Better than nothing, no?

BTW, I got mine quite some time ago when Siemens closed the Audio/Video/Studio department, so I cannot name a source where to get them now.
But I think dealers that sell Siemens modules would be the best bet.
(again I got mine privately second hand and not through a dealer)

Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Hi

www.Vintage City.de

Maybe they can help you. Lots of Siemens and Neumanns there.thumbsup

If they don't have it, they should know where you can find them.

Greets

Christian

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search