The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buying the wunder gt did i take the right path Condenser Microphones
Old 23rd August 2007
Buying the wunder gt did i take the right path

I just bought the Gt did not get it yet. Right know im using the studio projects c1 with a great river and it sounds great.

But i was thinking better i sing pop rock music. Freind says won't match i think good sound is just good sound if your a good singer. What you think?
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Addict

oh man! you're totally screwed!

just kidding.
Old 23rd August 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

Buyers remorse before you get it? chill out. wait and hear, you'll know then.
Old 23rd August 2007
I know but pure audio takes a restocking fee 15 percent. I just hope it matches my voice.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
I know but pure audio takes a restocking fee 15 percent. I just hope it matches my voice.
Hmmm... maybe try another dealer? That's just silly. Nothing personal... but man...
Old 23rd August 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

Yeah, Any one of the many dealers on this board would probably serve you better.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

More relevent question? Why would anyone pay close to $3000 for a piece of gear without hearing it and then ask for advice or opinions after the fact. ??!! That's just either insane or stupid or both! Hope you're not gonna marry someone based on a telephone conversation or a photo!! Well if you do then maybe your new "untested" husband or wife can atleast sing and you can find out what your "blind" $3000 purchase sounds like!! Gawd bless all creatures!!.....peace?...
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyxis360 View Post
oh man! you're totally screwed!
That's what I'm thinking. I'll give you $50 for it and I'll pay the restocking fee.
Old 23rd August 2007
well i allready had a idea from what was said on the board and Samples of mp3s i heard.
Old 23rd August 2007
I had a idea just how it will be on my voice and that you can only test when you have the mic.
Old 23rd August 2007
And also i was speaking to mike of Wunder and asking him how it is aganast the gefell um57. And mikes thoughts.
Old 23rd August 2007
Well it seems that i talk tto sound sure and if im not happy with it within the week i get a full refund NO restocking fee. But he is sure ill love it. I just want to make sure it sounds great through the great river.
Old 23rd August 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

It's possible that Mike is biased. I bought some PEQ-1's, and generally agree with him, but yeah, there just might be a little bias there.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
I have to say - it wasn't the mic for my voice...
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Guru

imo it's difficult to evaluate these kinds of things without one or two other references, especially since you don't seem to have too much experience with classy mics on your voice. if there's a studio in your hood that has a decent mic locker, book two hours with them and bring your new toy in, and compare with what they have. hopefully their room is even nicer, so you get to evaluate under optimum coniditions, and having a second pair of objective ears is never a bad idea.

on your own, you may hear it and go "damn, that sounds amazing" because, in comparison to the mediocre trap you've gotten used to, it does sound amazing. but if you then fired up a different mic and listened to that one, maybe you'd hear how the first actually sounds a little thin, almost brash in comparison. and another engineer may point out qualities that you might not be attuned to yet, like how well it cuts in a mix, or how detailed the mids are, etc... the temptation to evaluate mics on a solo source is powerful, but NOTHING matters other than how it fits in context.

then again, you get something that sounds good to you, maybe nothing else matters. but $3k is a lot to drop without any kind of reference point.

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well it seems that i talk tto sound sure and if im not happy with it within the week i get a full refund NO restocking fee. But he is sure ill love it. I just want to make sure it sounds great through the great river.
Try to relax, and simply give it a try when you receive it. I'd really work with it a lot in the few days you have for the trial period to get a really good idea how it sounds.

If it sounds great to you, that's all that matters. Keep it and enjoy it. Yes, you may find a mic later that works better for you, but that's the way of the world, so to speak (that's why we're Gearslutz heh). But that may not be for a very long time.

Enjoy your purchase, and do the best you can to not let buyer's remorse ruin that for you.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

What capsule did you get??
Old 24th August 2007
M7 capsule i do have a week to hear.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Guru

Dude the GT will smoke that chinese POS.
I have the CM7 and lots of big time guys here in LA rent it from me instead of the 47's here.
Personally I love it too.
if the GT is within 90% of the CM=

If its right for your voice is a a whole 'nuther thing
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any place that demands a re-stocking fee should let you test a mic on deposit. That seems rather unfair for someone in a rural setting.

I have a Soundelux e47c, it's awesome. I can't stop using it lately. If I could have any other brand, the first I'd shoot for is the Wunder based on build and reviews.

I'm guessing you'll be thrilled.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quality Product

If you want a mic that is really well built with excellent components, then you just bought it. Remember that nothing is a magic bullet, but it is definitely a great sounding mic that is better than lots of other choices out there.

Like another guy said, relax and enjoy it. I would recommend doing some tracks (preferably vocals) and listen to it in the track.

These mics sound real good. It should be a main stay in your collection for your life.

Enjoy!!!
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

Ollie, it sounds like you're one of the few who have already received their CM7-GT? Please say more about your impressions !

Thanks!
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear
I have the CM7

I have the CM7, but I have heard the clips of the CM7 GT and though it is bit different sounding than my CM7 I still think it is a wonderful sounding mic. I think Mike Castoro(Mr Wunder), makes quality products. I have put his mic against the lots of vintage 47's and have always been happy with his microphone.

Ollie
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

..why is it I don't get this thread?
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by syra View Post
Because it's about speculation...
Old 26th August 2007
Well my Gt has not come yet. Man if i could afford a wunder cm7 i would i work inside my second room in the house.

And all the hype samples and other thinking i heard about the mic made me want to buy it. Look i know i heard samples but from Exp who has a gt and a cm7 or compared. Other then that the cm7 has a tad more detail anything else?
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syra View Post
Maybe sentences like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor
Man if i could afford a wunder cm7 i would i work inside my second room in the house.
You haven't tried the GT, are worried you might not like it, but are still lusting after the cm7? Classic. Or maybe I'm not understanding you.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
More relevent question? Why would anyone pay close to $3000 for a piece of gear without hearing it and then ask for advice or opinions after the fact. ??!! That's just either insane or stupid or both! Hope you're not gonna marry someone based on a telephone conversation or a photo!! Well if you do then maybe your new "untested" husband or wife can atleast sing and you can find out what your "blind" $3000 purchase sounds like!! Gawd bless all creatures!!.....peace?...

I totally agree with cheesecakes!!!! When you "buy gear" it's just like getting "married" to it. You have to have "sex" with it and then you have to have "kids" with it. You get drunk and "beat" on it. Dude!!! You should have gotten a woman!!!! Or at least a CM7.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Laborer View Post
Maybe sentences like this?
Probably more like "I'm usually pretty fair on my comments. But this thread is ********"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search