The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Michrophone Choice Condenser Microphones
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Michrophone Choice

Alright I am on a strict budget but I am looking at 900 dollars to spend on a microphone. Unfortunately its either I buy one nice condenser microphone or a cheaper condenser and some dynamics. I am actually going to record this girl thats sings unbelievable and goes to church. I really wanna get a decent microphone for her voice and for future recordings. Any suggestions on mic's? I keep hearing the 414 is perfect or ksm44 but I'm not sure. I have heard the 414 on acoustic guitars and it sounds amazing but I've never heard it on vocals. Any suggestions guys I'm a newby feed me more knowledge
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

414 is a workhorse - generally underratted - but I love mine - specifically I prefer the TLII. It is a great great great mic on many sources. Plain - but it works. If you can't get good tracks with it, it's not the mic that is the problem.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear
I would look into a Blue Kiwi...I've seen them on ebay for $999...Really nice mic and I believe better than anything else in the price range. Also, check out the Studio Projects C1...great mic at an unbelievable price...
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

thumbsup on the C1. Check out some of the tracks on my personal page.

MySpace.com - Mic1 - Vallejo, California - R&B / Hip Hop / Rock - www.myspace.com/mic1one

The Song for Mama remake was cut on a C-1 with very little EQ on the mix. 200 bux you can't go wrong. The second song was cut with a C-1 also, with only an Mbox pre in a quick 10 minute recording on my laptop.

But for female vox I would recommend the KSM or TLM 103 in that price range also.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search