The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Mics for Male Vox and Acoustic Under $2000 Condenser Microphones
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac
Best Mics for Male Vox and Acoustic Under $2000

Or even a little over 2000. I'm planning on getting a really nice mic this year and probably matching it with a pacifica.
I mostly play steel string and my voice is between baritone and tenor, sometimes soft, and sometimes screamed.
I know it's impossible to quantify this stuff without trying them out, but some suggestions and experience would really be appreciated.
thanks!
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

The Pearlman mics should get serious consideration to fit that bill.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

vintage 414?
Old 21st August 2007
Peluso 2247SE (under $1700 and a phenomenal mic)
Old 21st August 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

Lawson L47
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie View Post
Or even a little over 2000. I'm planning on getting a really nice mic this year and probably matching it with a pacifica.
I mostly play steel string and my voice is between baritone and tenor, sometimes soft, and sometimes screamed.
I know it's impossible to quantify this stuff without trying them out, but some suggestions and experience would really be appreciated.
thanks!
I am in the exact same boat. Your thread describes my needs to a T, so I'm wondering the same thing. I have really been wondering about the Pearlman specifcally. I would be pairing it with a Daking and 2-610 for now. I do plan on getting the Pacifica at some point though.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

For male vocals I like 47 best, followed by SM58.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

lawson l47
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac
thanks very much for the replies.
so i guess U47 copies are thought of as a good place to start for male vox and acoustic?
what are the differences between mics like the peluso, the lawson, or the pearlman?
are there any others?
any opinoin on how these compare to lower end tube mics like rode, mojave, or audio technica?
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

New U47 Shootout!

pearlman and peluso are supposed to share common elements / parts but i have only heard the 2247LE and not the pearlman.

if you are onto 47 clones, search and you will find an abundance of threads, and not surprisingly, opinions.
Old 22nd August 2007

I would recommend doing a search... there are so many great mics in this price range.

Check out Peluso & Pearlman among others.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search