The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Busted JBL LSR6328P tweeter domes Studio Monitors
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Head

Busted JBL LSR6328P tweeter domes

I just bought a pair of new-ish 6328p's and though they came well packed the titanium-composite tweeter domes both came pushed in pretty severely. This was not the condition they were presented for sale in.

Should I:
A. Ask the seller to take them back?
B. Ask the seller to have them fixed by JBL?
C. Ask the seller to have new tweeters sent to me and repair them myself?
or
D. Try to fix them myself?

I'm only asking because I don't know how benign or serious a problem this is. My last couple of monitors were either silk/mylar or protected by mesh.

I'm not about to take option D, but I don't know yet whether it's a big deal or not (though it does look pretty grim).
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

on 1st thought....

hell na.... refund all the way. although the seller might say that the shipping company did it. and the back & forth battle begins. (or you might get a refund right away)

When I buy used stuff...I always used a credit card. Its very easy to call VISA and say "hey, they screwed me". Payment is reversed and my money is return asap.

but...not knowing all the details of the sale. Its really hard to say what u can and should do.

I know u need working speakers.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search