The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
1176 urei vs ua
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Nut

1176 urei vs ua

i own the 1176 universal audio reissue....thinking about dropping 2k for the originak rev f urei version.....is there that much a difference.......have never worked with an original 1176.....curious?
Old 21st August 2007
Led
Lives for gear

If you can find one for 2K buy it. Try adding about another $700 for a blackface.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Get the rev D it has class A output and sounds better. (different output circuit and output transformer) Or get a purple wich is a rev D clone. Most of the UA reissues ARE rev D. Except the ones with an H-pad input pot. And are built better than the original. Including the Purple one. But Purple has a meter buffer and true bypass. Actually ALL the new UA 1176's are the class A output ones. Rev f/g are different circuits . Nice as they are they don't give as much punch. Not as big.

The class A output one is the most highly prized one. That is why UA and Purple copy that version.

Finally I get to answer a question I know something about
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

And black face means nothing. You could (In the 70's) order it with either. And to do drums you need at least 6 of them.
Old 21st August 2007
member no 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfusari View Post
i own the 1176 universal audio reissue....thinking about dropping 2k for the originak rev f urei version.....is there that much a difference.......have never worked with an original 1176.....curious?
The Purple Audio MC-77 is a remarkably faithful example to the old [and best] blackfaced 1176's from the 70's... in many ways [including being a few hundred less expensive and requiring no recapping/maintenance] I think it should be a serious consideration for you... but as always, YMMV.

Peace.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search