The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alan Smart C1 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 28th August 2007
i'm using the portico 5043 on the mix buss this week, it's a thing of beauty. totally different from the C2. more fussy getting it where you want, but it doesn't seem to need the sidechain, so time saved there thumbsup
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwavo View Post
So I've got a C1 on demo. So far using it on parallel drum bus and mix . I think it is pretty good. But i am not blown away. It a little hard sounding. I wish it had more squish. I have not really tried it on a whole mix, this is hopefully where it shines. It is built very nicely. But I think i am looking for something else. ??
Either the API or maybe even a Neve 33609..
I have a JD version which can be very cool on the mixbuss..
although lately,I seem to use it mainly for drum buss,overheads or room mic's.
I'm starting to like the API on drums now too.
Old 27th August 2008
Gear Maniac

C2 vs G compressor

"But I am curious if the C1 can do that.? Is a C1 or C2 just a G buss clone? If so then that answers my question."

Hi Laverdad:
I have the C2 for 2 years now, and I had a chance to use a G compressor for 2 months, on loan from GCPro in San Francisco, and I can tell you for sure that the C2 has more punch than the SSL. Very strange, since I always thought that the SSL is supposed to have more punch. But it is just the reverse. Both units are strapped on the mix buss.
The C2 is, in my opinion a great unit and BTW, for all of those who want a low end roll off, Alan recently made a pair of 150 hz slow and gentle roll off add-ons, just like the Rolls unit, and it is like around $100.
sincerely,
dan le
Old 28th August 2008
to me it sounds thin and ruins a mix.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search