The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who has compared tonelux and 500 series? 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Who has compared tonelux and 500 series?

Hey ladys/fellas-forgive me if this has been covered ad infinitum somewhere else, I searched a long time and could not find this exact info.

I am in need of getting some 500 series pres - but I am also considering either a tonelux preamp rack.

Who's got some input on this-I'd love to get in tonelux and the price is right, but I will only have one type of pre (the tonelux preamp) - kind of makes me reserved. Then again, if the preamp is the best ever, well, 'nuff said.

What caused any slutz out there to go one way or the other on this (tonelux vs 500 series)? All input appreciated-and no, not asking "what pre sounds good"...I know how to test that.

mike
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Anyone compared 500 series pres to tonelux? I know the history of the designer of API's and Tonelux stuff...anyone?

Old 27th August 2007
Gear Guru

totally different animals; tonelux pre extends more in both directions, has less bite and more velvet. tonelux eq is narrower, more focused, and more flexible, has a tone but is cleanish, not quite as much mojo as a 550a. tonelux comp is punchier, api is thicker and hairier.

can't go wrong with either one in my book.

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Maniac

outstanding, thank you Gregoire.

thumbsup
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search