The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Oram HD EQ Repair Summing Mixers
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Oram HD EQ Repair

I have a very noisy Oram HD-EQ that i need to get fixed. I've tried dealing with Oram directly, not much help there. Someone else recommended a tech who repairs these things in NYC, but he has dropped off the face of the Earth. Does anybody know anyone else in America that fixes these things?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ken Lewis
Old 20th August 2007

Maybe John Klett can fix it for you:

TechnicalAudio.com - Tech Mecca - John Klett

It's worth a shot....
Old 20th August 2007
w2w
Lives for gear

Throw it off of a very tall building.......it should sound better
Old 20th August 2007
One with big hooves

Dan Zelman maybe?

Not many cats will touch Oram gear... hear it's a nightmare to work on.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

I had an S100 from Oram and there was NOTHING but problems with it. First of all, they had my money in full for a month or two before the unit shipped Then I get it and the frickin' power supply was dead. They sent another power supply, now all channels were back (as in lit up) and then once I got that far, I found out the damn thing was wired wrong and 1/2 the stuff didn't work because of that. I took it to a local tech and he told me that board was the first thing in like 20 years he couldnt figure out the problem for. The poor guy was actually embarassed and didn't even charge me a bench fee.

So from the time of full payement to Oram and all that back and forth **** with the parts, techs etc took 8 months and the problem still wasnt resolved. The way I resolved the problem was to write Oram and very nicely and firmly tell them how unhappy I was and how if the board was not replaced asap I would not consider any of their consoles when I was looking to upgrade in about a year. So John Oram wrote back and offered to send a new one provided I ship the old one back. So I did (cost me another goddamn $250) and when I got the new one, I opened the box, tested to make sure it worked (which it did) and then I immediately put it on ebay. I took that money and put it toward an SPL Mixdream which frickin' kicks ass.

That entire experience was irritating, I think I'd rather be held hostage by Al Qaeda. I'm not a frickin tech and I spent HOURS trying to fix that damn thing and put it back together which sometimes took two hours. To Orams credit, they were all very nice and when we got to the point of shipping the console, I got it within a few days.

So here is my point. Sell the thing and get something that works.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Kahrs View Post
Dan Zelman maybe?

Not many cats will touch Oram gear... hear it's a nightmare to work on.
Hi Jay, do you have a number for Dan Zelman?

Tony, thanks, I sent John Klett and email, i'll see what he says.

CorkyTart, i feel your pain. I've waited months trying to get this thing repaired. Ugh. I'd be very happy if i can get it to work again, when its working i think it sounds great, but man, what a drag to be using it as a paperwight right now.
-Ken
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

I sold my pain on ebay. My experience was so lousy that even if it sounded good, I probably would have preceived it as sounding bad. I just watned to completely dissasoicate with the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
Hi Jay, do you have a number for Dan Zelman?

Tony, thanks, I sent John Klett and email, i'll see what he says.

CorkyTart, i feel your pain. I've waited months trying to get this thing repaired. Ugh. I'd be very happy if i can get it to work again, when its working i think it sounds great, but man, what a drag to be using it as a paperwight right now.
-Ken
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search