The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there a good soundcard with D/A inbuilt like or should i get a DAC1? Audio Interfaces
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Is there a good soundcard with D/A inbuilt like or should i get a DAC1?

Here's a good one to debate. Today on the jerry springer show, were going to talk about current technology; Does it mean less emphasis on sound cards?

I have my i/o already which is my a2d. I just need an asio capable card and decent D/A conveters to pump the music to my monitoring. Signal path of my proposed rig:

Mic connected to API A2D - digital connection to DAW >

OPTION 1:
DAW with cheap soundcard >
DAC1 USB with decent D/A converters > monitoring system

OPTION 2:
DAW with soundcard with INBUILT D/A > monitoring system

What are your recommendations on what do to or equipment? I don't see much point shelling out for a really high end soundcard as the 'high end' really happens A/D & D/A. Unless, do they make a good soundcard with good D/A? The only soundcards i can think of are is the lynx but is is better than getting the DAC for converter uses?

Thanks guys.
Old 19th August 2007
Reg
Gear Maniac

I don't think you can go wrong with the Lynx card conversion wise. There is also the Apogee mini DAC with USB A/D input-D/A out. I think these are your only option withought spending a fortune if you don't already have any audio interface. With any one of these you would be good to go. Respectable conversion don't come cheap. The choice is your's. All the best.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks Reg. After a little internet searching the l22 looks like the best bet considering i have my i/o sorted. Bonus ball is it comes with asio drivers
Old 19th August 2007
Reg
Gear Maniac

Lynx asio drivers= good and stable. I have two Lynx AES16 =one of the best there is right now. The L22 will do a lot of good things for you, plus it will sound good.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search