The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Duende a "no-show" on Mac? Dynamics Plugins
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

SSL Duende a "no-show" on Mac?

Just bought a new Duende, installed software, hooked up firewire and turned each piece (Duende and computer) on in the correct order (and every manner/configuration since) and my Mac does not see the Duende...

Not just in software, but even as a firewire piece of hardware, not even to run the firmware updater... just says "Does not see valid Duende" or something.

I know these have been known to be picky... tried it on EVERY firewire port, it's own port, different port and even as the ONLY firewire device...

Nothing!

Anyone? Ideas?

Thanks,

-a

Running Mac G5 2ghz (not intel) system OSX 10.4.9
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
Just bought a new Duende, installed software, hooked up firewire and turned each piece (Duende and computer) on in the correct order (and every manner/configuration since) and my Mac does not see the Duende...

Not just in software, but even as a firewire piece of hardware, not even to run the firmware updater... just says "Does not see valid Duende" or something.

I know these have been known to be picky... tried it on EVERY firewire port, it's own port, different port and even as the ONLY firewire device...

Nothing!

Anyone? Ideas?

Thanks,

-a

Running Mac G5 2ghz (not intel) system OSX 10.4.9

HEEEEEELP!!!

please, drivin me crazy.... do I just return the damn thing?

-a
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Bad firewire cable?
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Nut

I'm also on a mac G5 with a Duende. It's very stable now but I find the initial start-up tricky. I get the same error message. This is what works for me -

1. Duende connected to built-in Mac FW port and no other fw-equipment on these ports.
2. Duende bus-powered, i.e don't use the wall plug
3. Start computer
4. Turn Duende off for five seconds, and start it again
5. Repeat step 4: off five seconds and start again. I know, it doesn't make sense, but it seems like the only way to get it started properly on my setup.

Once started it's very stable, haven't had any problems at all.

/mh
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile-High View Post
I'm also on a mac G5 with a Duende. It's very stable now but I find the initial start-up tricky. I get the same error message. This is what works for me -

1. Duende connected to built-in Mac FW port and no other fw-equipment on these ports.
2. Duende bus-powered, i.e don't use the wall plug
3. Start computer
4. Turn Duende off for five seconds, and start it again
5. Repeat step 4: off five seconds and start again. I know, it doesn't make sense, but it seems like the only way to get it started properly on my setup.

Once started it's very stable, haven't had any problems at all.

/mh
Thanks, I'll give those ideas a shot. MUCH appreciated

-andrews
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search