The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pearlman TM1 vs Peluso 2247 LE??? Condenser Microphones
Old 8th November 2007
Lives for gear

The best thing is to try, somehow, to hear them in person. Nothing beats that. But in the event of a tie, you've got to go with a Pearlman. Because Dave's one of the greatest guys on the planet. And very funny.

Jasper
Old 8th November 2007
And on the flip side John Peluso's customer service is one of the best in the industry. He has so many resources behind him that if there is a problem he moves extremely fast to fix it (at the dealers request anyway).
Old 9th November 2007

Both Dave Pearlman and John Peluso are great as far as customer service goes...
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

This sounds like you should flip a coin and move on to the next dead heat decision to me. =p
Old 9th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Any one know if you can get the Pearlman with a 3 way polar pattern switch? (card, omni, figure 8)

Without an huge arsenal of mics at my disposal, I like my mics to be as flexible as possible. This gives L47 and 2247LE and edge in my book.

The only one that I have any experience with though is the L47 which is fantabulous, though with all mics on vocals it was INCREDIBLE on one singer and got beat out by the P12 on another (and an RCA44b).

>>AG
Old 9th November 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCCA View Post
Any one know if you can get the Pearlman with a 3 way polar pattern switch? (card, omni, figure 8)on another (and an RCA44b).
This is not an option.
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

The only way to buy a Pearlman is Direct???????
Old 9th November 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
The only way to buy a Pearlman is Direct???????
No we are a dealer:

TM-1
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

I'd just posted a suggestion regarding these 2 mics on James Lugo's Full Blown All Day Shootout thread.
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

Hate to break up the stated topic, but you really ought to be considering a Telefunken AK47. Same basic inspiration for the design and same price range -- and nine polar patterns -- and just a great-sounding mic. If versatility is important to you, as you say it is, then this could be a real difference-maker.

JSL
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
Hate to break up the stated topic, but you really ought to be considering a Telefunken AK47. Same basic inspiration for the design and same price range -- and nine polar patterns -- and just a great-sounding mic. If versatility is important to you, as you say it is, then this could be a real difference-maker.

JSL
The 2247LE has 9 polar patterns as well, since we're keepn score.
Old 10th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by severe View Post
The 2247LE has 9 polar patterns as well, since we're keepn score.
My bad, I had forgotten that fact.

In any event, I do think having nine patterns rather than fixed cardioid is a very substantial factor when comparing mics, and I think that most experienced engineers would agree without hesitation. For all the fuss people make about preamps, you would think people would talk more about the tonal options offered by multipattern mics, not to mention the practical advantages.

JSL

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search