The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Helios Console on Ebay
Old 15th August 2007
Here for the gear

Helios Console on Ebay

20 input (line only)...older type eq's. What are some thoughts out there regarding this console? Has everyone seen it?
Thanks
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

You sure should not have posted this if you are really interested in this console. lol...

You have just notified just about everyone in the world who could/would bid against you... that indeed... they should bid against you.

heh heh heh
Old 15th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_it_in View Post
Has everyone seen it?
Now I have...
Old 15th August 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

Yeah, there's alot of guys with $35K just waiting to drop on a 20 channel line mixer.

looks destined to be in a rich guys home studio, or parted out.
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah, Upon first look I said Wow! But only 20 line inputs, plus I'm not too sure about the mic pre situation. The add reads 4 German mic pres, does that mean there are only four mic pres or are there four German pres in addition to the console pres? The 20 eq's sound interesting. I guess you should call and ask questions and if the answers please you, the poster above is right, you better bid quick before the word gets out! 35K for a line mixer, whatever the history may be seems a little steep to me, but someone here at GS may scoop it who knows!!! good luck!!.....peace?
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

yeah.. like they said. thanks for the heads up
Old 15th August 2007
I love when people come to GS and post questions about auctions that I am thinking of bidding on.... *sigh*

LOL
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Geez, just got struck by something. Maybe the OP "Dial It In" is a shill?......never know!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

either he tipped us off and screwed himself or he is one smart seller!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

This has been talked about over at Pro Sound Web under the Helios section.

Duncan's looking for 35K for it. A bit rich for a 20 input line mixer however the EQ's are original type 69's. Probably needs a re-cap as well.

If you could eventually get mic pre's it might be cool. Too bad it still doesn't have the F760 compressors that are show in the picture.

Oh well someone with dough should grab her and bring her back from the great beyond. They'z only so many that was made...
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

yeah but at least they aren't screwing you on shipping... heh

man, why can't they start these at .99 so everyone can bid it up $100... $200 Ohhhh man I might win the Helios ohh damn, someone outbid me at 202.50 oh well I wouldn't pay anymore than that.
Old 15th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Probably needs a re-cap as well.
From the auction....

Quote:
• HELIOS CONSOLE
• 20 INPUTS LINE ONLY
• 20 LEGENDARY TYPE 69 EQ'S
• 4 ADT GERMAN Microphone Amps
• 1 HELIOS EXPANDER
• 8 BUSSES
• QUAD OUTPUT
• POSIBILITY OF EXPANSION TO 40 IN-LINE INPUTS
• COMPLETELY CLEANED
COMPLETELY RE-CAPPED
• COMES WITH TUCHELS
• NEW METAL STAND

If I had the money this is actually a pretty darn good deal.... I don't have the money....

heh
Old 16th August 2007
Here for the gear

Hey Everyone...No, I'm not trying to sell it. As far as letting out a secret...no worries on my end. I'm trying to find out a few things about it. When you speak with someone trying to sell something you get a certain perspective. I'm trying to find more of an unbiased perspective from people on this board.

Tony Arnold posts here sometimes...I wonder if mic amps could be added to the eq modules. They appear to be the same size as the black mic pre/eq.

The cool factor in owning this board would be sent to orbit BUT just like someone said above...$35k is a chunk and I'm not a rich guy with an audio museum. I would want to work with the console a lot.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_it_in View Post
20 input (line only)...older type eq's. What are some thoughts out there regarding this console? Has everyone seen it?
Thanks
...just don't call it a phone.
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Addict

Nice board.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search