The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why do you need/use Pro Tools HD? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
View Poll Results: Why do you need/use Pro Tools HD?
Stability
121 Votes - 57.62%
Simplicity / UI, less need for workarounds and manuals
94 Votes - 44.76%
"No" (low, fixed) latency
110 Votes - 52.38%
Better automation then the competition
54 Votes - 25.71%
I need plug-ins only available in the TDM format
45 Votes - 21.43%
Better monitoring during record than native solutions (no need to use 3rd part mixers)
66 Votes - 31.43%
Digidesign's converters (or compatible), 48-bit mix engine
20 Votes - 9.52%
Compatibility with others
112 Votes - 53.33%
I need a lot of I/Os and tracks
59 Votes - 28.10%
Autom. Plug-in Delay Compensation
81 Votes - 38.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Tony, your reasons for using Logic over PT are the EXACT same reasons why I use Logic over PT. I like being able to save all my different screensets and quickly toggle through them with the number keys. I also like hitting ESC over a specific section and my tools pop up. Logic is NOT for everyone. But it is for us. Cheers.
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

I like protools, I own Logic

I live in LA,If you bounce around the different studios [small and large] they all have pro tools..plug and frigging play.Cut drums/gtrs /vc/ bring a drive and go...thats it.music made
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

The last post reminds me of what everybody told me when I stopped using tape and started to record to disc instead: "But all the studios use tape!"
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

standards can work for you sometimes, if you just need to get to work
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifried View Post
I live in LA,If you bounce around the different studios [small and large] they all have pro tools..plug and frigging play.Cut drums/gtrs /vc/ bring a drive and go...thats it.music made
Hal is right. In LA even the guys who work in Logic buy Pro Tools just to be compatible.
And almost everywhere I travel throughout the US it's the exact same process.
They may sequence in Logic, but when it comes time for audio they go straight to Pro Tools.
IMO, Pro Tools is THE most commonly used DAW out there.

I own Logic Pro. I used to be an endorsee of Logic back when the company was actually hands on with the end users.
But for me, every-time I walk into a Logic studio and I have to learn their key commands (because they don't want me to put in my key command preferences), I get a little older and little more gray every time that happens.
Old 17th August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by studjo View Post
Fletcher I hope your mixes stand up to the claims you make on the internet.

Jo
I hope his sales do too........heh
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
That's good news for RADAR. I believe their heyday of sales was in 1999-2000.

Purchases by studios does not equal demand by musicans wanting to record on that format.

Profools
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Where in my original post did you see the phrase "purchases by studio"?
You brought that up.

Total sales could be to anyone, not just studios.
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by allencollins View Post
Purchases by studios does not equal demand by musicans wanting to record on that format.

Profools
LOL!heh
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

having used samplitude, nuendo, cubase, sonar

if you can't get good sounds out of a protools hd system,
and are having lots of issues w it, I assure you it's not the software

go look in the mirror.....

the I am so cool, cuz I hate digi thing is so old, so banal, so sophomoric, it says much more about the people who continually squawk this line of unimaginative vitriol, than anything else

there may be less reasons now than there were 4 years ago when I bought my system, but hey I bought and paid for my hd rig a long time ago, and it still does what it says it will do, as well and better
than most, and it just works, and it was paid for along time ago

so, really, what's the problem?

who cares what people choose, why the animosity?

I remember hearing something posted by one of vitriolics
in question, and it was nothing to write home about, boring,
unimaginative, insipid, as I imagine it would be for most of these
types

of course YMMVstikestikestikestikestike
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Guru

When answering the poll, I clicked on every one except for the converters. They're fine for me, but not the reason I bought HD.
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
You forgot the " I don't use pro tools 'cause it sounds like crap" catagory.

Count me in that camp, next to Fletcher.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

Hey Jim,

I spent almost all day searching a particular post on the Alesis HD24XR as a front-end. I remember a comment that some big time Nashville studio dumped its ProTools 192-HD for 3 x HD24XR's. I can't recall if they still use ProStools or if they opted for Nuendo setup.

Do you have any recolection of this?
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=pegleg; I can run a session on Pro Tools or Nuendo - to the satisfaction of my clients, and get great sound on either. Same goes for ADAT, 2" analog (24 or 16 track, at 30 or 15IPS), or whatever. If you can't, I would look in the mirror rather than blame Digi....[/QUOTE]

Ahmen brother!!!
Old 19th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymite View Post
Hey Jim,

I spent almost all day searching a particular post on the Alesis HD24XR as a front-end. I remember a comment that some big time Nashville studio dumped its ProTools 192-HD for 3 x HD24XR's. I can't recall if they still use ProStools or if they opted for Nuendo setup.

Do you have any recolection of this?
Yes, this is 3Media, formerly known as Central Studios. They are in Bladensburg, MD on Annapolis Road. They have a full 48 channel PTHD system. They also have a 112 input custom Harrison MR-4 which is 2 56 input consoles joined together. All the circuits, EQ's, mic pres are rebuilt/redesigned. I designed custom summing amps for them that can sum 112 inputs without running out of loop gain and it retains very low .0008% THD. They also installed 114 channels of Uptown moving faders on it, it's the Harrison from Hell! Needless to say, they mix analog. This is one of the best R+B places in the world to record.

They had 4 Alesis HD24XR's in the B room and for fun they jacked a couple of channels out of the PTHD box digital and fed it into the Alesis. Big suprise! It does sound much better.

Next, they pulled out all 48 channels of D/A converter cards out and sold them on E-pay. Maybe some of you guys bought them? They ordered and installed 48 AES digital output cards and bought several Alesis AI-4 lightpipe translator interfaces.
After I replaced circuits in the D/A pcb's in the alesis, they finished the remaining HD24's themselves (they are very capable guys as they also are techs for BET TV in DC). Now they run the 48 tracks out of the PTHD system into 4 HD24XR's running at 96k. These are fed into the tape returns on the Frankenharrison.

They still track into PTHD via outboard converters but all monitoring and mixing is routed through the Alesis HD24's. This was a lot of work and research but they feel it was more than worth it. They get a very analog sounding product out of this setup and they are very happy with it. Most customers don't even know they are listening through "crappy" Alesis stuff, they just think it's the best PTHD system they have ever heard.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kress View Post
Does anyone else think it is funny that "sound quality" was left out?
Nope,not funny at all. There are so many other factors to sound quality than software that I feel its kind of stupid to bring sound quality into the equation. first of all, appogee hardware can be used with an hdrig and a lot of people are satisfied with the appogee sound. Second you have to factor in the room, cables, mics,etc... IMHO a good engineer can produce a quality mix with just about anything. So for me sound quality is the least of my worries.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes, this is 3Media, formerly known as Central Studios. They are in Bladensburg, MD on Annapolis Road. They have a full 48 channel PTHD system. They also have a 112 input custom Harrison MR-4 which is 2 56 input consoles joined together. All the circuits, EQ's, mic pres are rebuilt/redesigned. I designed custom summing amps for them that can sum 112 inputs without running out of loop gain and it retains very low .0008% THD. They also installed 114 channels of Uptown moving faders on it, it's the Harrison from Hell! Needless to say, they mix analog. This is one of the best R+B places in the world to record.

They had 4 Alesis HD24XR's in the B room and for fun they jacked a couple of channels out of the PTHD box digital and fed it into the Alesis. Big suprise! It does sound much better.

Next, they pulled out all 48 channels of D/A converter cards out and sold them on E-pay. Maybe some of you guys bought them? They ordered and installed 48 AES digital output cards and bought several Alesis AI-4 lightpipe translator interfaces.
After I replaced circuits in the D/A pcb's in the alesis, they finished the remaining HD24's themselves (they are very capable guys as they also are techs for BET TV in DC). Now they run the 48 tracks out of the PTHD system into 4 HD24XR's running at 96k. These are fed into the tape returns on the Frankenharrison.

They still track into PTHD via outboard converters but all monitoring and mixing is routed through the Alesis HD24's. This was a lot of work and research but they feel it was more than worth it. They get a very analog sounding product out of this setup and they are very happy with it. Most customers don't even know they are listening through "crappy" Alesis stuff, they just think it's the best PTHD system they have ever heard.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Do they have a website/e-mail/fax ? - I can only find the following:

3 Media LTD

Bladensburg, MD, 20710
(240) 582-01

Are they the ones?
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79 View Post
Nope,not funny at all. There are so many other factors to sound quality than software that I feel its kind of stupid to bring sound quality into the equation. first of all, appogee hardware can be used with an hdrig and a lot of people are satisfied with the appogee sound.

oh and don't forget all those studios that are totally happy with the Digi 192 converters - I know I know they are all deaf - but there is a ****load of deaf audio engineers around

Jo
Old 22nd August 2007

thats right. We are all deaf! Great!

Let me put it simply. If you cant do the job on any system of reasonable or above quality. then YOU cant do the job, not PT or nuendo or Radar or whatever.

"whine whine whine, PT sounds crap blah blah" means "i aint really working here.....". Quit moaning, do the job. Anyone who works rather than sells or willy waves KNOWs the job can be done on PT, nuendo, Radar, Alesis, or whatever. YES - sonic benefits of tape - sure. My DAW Dick is bigger than yours?

Get a grip. 3 technical excellence BAFTA noms, 1 Emmy and 1 MTV award and all those done on PT or nuendo. Yup - got Radar. Yup got 2 inch. Yup got console, yup got a ruddy box to mix in. its the user, boys, Its the user...........
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

I fear someone didn't get my sarcasm

Jo
Old 22nd August 2007
Deleted bd1be4f
Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
Tony, your reasons for using Logic over PT are the EXACT same reasons why I use Logic over PT. I like being able to save all my different screensets and quickly toggle through them with the number keys. I also like hitting ESC over a specific section and my tools pop up.
Just FYI, PT now also has screensets. And this also ties into why all the folks who have been predicting Digidesign and PT's demise for years now continue to have egg on their faces. Namely, the fact that Digidesign doesn't stand still, they continually incorporate new features into their program to continually make the software better and address the needs of the users.

For instance, the virtual instrument issue isn't an issue anymore with PT, they integrate perfectly now with no hassles. The MIDI has gotten a lot better, the program now ties directly into Sibelius for notation needs, there are screensets, and the upcoming 7.4 will include elastic audio (think Ableton Live) and tape varispeed. This is the reason that all those who wrongly predict the demise of PT will continue to get it wrong. PT doesn't stand still feature-wise. Therefore, by definition it cannot become outdated.

That said, with the advances in native computing and other viable software alternatives such as Nuendo and Logic, using PT is no longer a necessity for professional work, these days it's more simply a preferential issue.
Old 22nd August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymite View Post
Do they have a website/e-mail/fax ? - I can only find the following:

3 Media LTD

Bladensburg, MD, 20710
(240) 582-01

Are they the ones?
That's them. Guess they are too busy to put up a web site. Busy is good. I recently rebuilt some Digi 002's for their live rig and just did a Tascam DSD recorder that came out pretty good. It's a Masterlink killer for sure.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy2854 View Post
Just FYI, PT now also has screensets. And this also ties into why all the folks who have been predicting Digidesign and PT's demise for years now continue to have egg on their faces. Namely, the fact that Digidesign doesn't stand still, they continually incorporate new features into their program to continually make the software better and address the needs of the users.

For instance, the virtual instrument issue isn't an issue anymore with PT, they integrate perfectly now with no hassles. The MIDI has gotten a lot better, the program now ties directly into Sibelius for notation needs, there are screensets, and the upcoming 7.4 will include elastic audio (think Ableton Live) and tape varispeed. This is the reason that all those who wrongly predict the demise of PT will continue to get it wrong. PT doesn't stand still feature-wise. Therefore, by definition it cannot become outdated.

That said, with the advances in native computing and other viable software alternatives such as Nuendo and Logic, using PT is no longer a necessity for professional work, these days it's more simply a preferential issue.
I've never said anything about their demise. Frankly, if the next version of Logic ws the greatest thing ever, I doubt it could actually take out PT. I've simply stated what I like about Logic. It's true, I don't like PT. I don't like Digidesign, or their practices. I don't like the attitudes of their product reps. But if I liked PT, but still didn't like Digidesigns business practices or their reps, I would use it. I just don't like it. I personally don't care what happens to Digidesign one way or the other. If they redesigned PT to a format that I liked, I would use it. They currently do not design to MY liking. Therefore I choose not to use PT.

I am not on the "it's cool to hate PT" list. But it's not my cup of tea. And while I recognize that there is a crowd of PT "haters" out there, I see just as many Digidesign ass kissers that seem to feel like they are superior in some sort of way. At the end of the day none of it matters. If you suck balls at engineering, your DAW doesn't matter.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
The one thing people don't realize is that Digidesign is a HARDWARE company... Their business model is based on people having to buy hardware, locking them in, and getting them to upgrade to the new HARDWARE when it comes out.
Yep!
...and they are trying to suck use Logic user in too. This upgrade stuff kind of remind me of Wave's WUP.
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=24728
Old 22nd August 2007
Deleted bd1be4f
Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
I've never said anything about their demise. Frankly, if the next version of Logic ws the greatest thing ever, I doubt it could actually take out PT. I've simply stated what I like about Logic. It's true, I don't like PT. I don't like Digidesign, or their practices. I don't like the attitudes of their product reps. But if I liked PT, but still didn't like Digidesigns business practices or their reps, I would use it. I just don't like it. I personally don't care what happens to Digidesign one way or the other. If they redesigned PT to a format that I liked, I would use it. They currently do not design to MY liking. Therefore I choose not to use PT.

I am not on the "it's cool to hate PT" list. But it's not my cup of tea. And while I recognize that there is a crowd of PT "haters" out there, I see just as many Digidesign ass kissers that seem to feel like they are superior in some sort of way. At the end of the day none of it matters. If you suck balls at engineering, your DAW doesn't matter.
I wasn't implying that you were predicting PT's demise, I was just addressing your comment about screensets and then addressed other people's comments about PT.

And I couldn't agree more that it's about the engineer, not the gear. Which is why I've never understood some people's (not you) incessant need to bash one platform or another.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
A better poll question would be "Why do people who don't use Pro Tools feel compelled to respond to a thread asking Pro Tools Users Why they choose to use it?"

I've been using Pro Tools hardware a lot, and I still feel (sometimes) that I need it. Not because of stability - my experience as a PT user (who also has done tech support for other TDM users) is that both TDM and non-TDM users have stability issues from time to time, and most experienced users of any system will know how to make it behave properly.

I don't really need PT for ease of use either (even if PT is simpler to use in some areas), and regarding latency: my native rig gives me lower latency than what I could get from my PT HD rig (but read on), so for me (and lots of others) latency in itself isn't a valid' reason to use PT - because we normally don't use inserts during record.

Automation? Automation in Logic has had some week areas for a long time, mainly in terms of not being able to copy automation in a reliable way. THis will hopefully be sorted out in Logic 8. There are a couple of TDM only plug-ins I need, but I wouldn't invest in a PT HD system for these plug-ins alone. Sound is not an issue either: I like the 192 I/O, but also like the Apogee sound, and there are other alternatives out there as well. Number of tracks or I/Os is not an issue either, since there are native solutions that allow more tracks and I/Os than a PT HD rig (besides, I rarely need more need 100 tracks and 16 ins and outs anyway).

The only thing I really feel is much, much better in a TDM system than in a native Logic setup is how the PT hardware allows me to handle the monitoring situation when I'm recording. Again, it's not difficult to get low latency on a native rig - just disable software monitoring - however, the moment software monitoring is disabled, the userfriendliness of the whole system goes underground.

I can't monitor with plugins when using direct monitoring, but I can live with that as long as I can add some reverb (although the way I have to do it is currently very anti-logical in Logic).

The real headache starts when tracking and needing to deal with monitor levels, panning, send levels etc, because all these activities force me to go into another application every time a change is needed. I'm surprised Apple hasn't solved this a long time ago.

I can see that latency actually is an issue in native systems for people who normally use inserts when recording.

According to this poll ( What do your clients want to hear when being recorded? ), only 9.68% use EQ during record, and 22.58% use compressor during record. It's a multiple choice poll, and I assume that many of the same people who EQ during record also use compressor during record. 9.68% also said that they use reverb (as an insert, not as a send) during record. This is a waste of processing power the way I see it - using sends is much wiser solution, but again - it's maybe the same 9.68% that use reverbs as inserts that also use EQs during record?

In this poll, the answer that got most replies (the question was What do your clients want to hear when being recorded?) was It's important that the dry signal itself has low latency (ca. 3 ms or less), with over 50% of the votes. (It's kind of surprising that not 100% said that low latency during record is important, isn't it?). Anyway - and here comes the important part: Most people don't seem to need or use inserts during record. Compression got the highest number of votes in this poll - 22.58% - which means that 77.42% of the people who participated the poll did not use compressor during record. If the people who don't use EQ or reverb (as inserts) are baked into those almost 80%, this means that almost 4 out of 5 don't need a TDM rig for low latency, because they don't use inserts during record. Since they don't, they can use direct monitoring, which allows for lower latencies that PT HD's fixed value (which is 2.38 milliseconds @ 44.1).

Latency will continue to be an issue in native systems for many years for lots of people who inserts on tracks that are being recorded, because use of linear phase EQs and compressors, advanced software synths and other fun and fancy toys that eats CPU power will increase. For those of us who normally don't need to use inserts on recording tracks (this seems to be the largest group - by far), most other shortcomings of today's native systems can be improved simply by developing the software.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
HDR's. No ITB, no plugs except the one's with TRS and XLR connectors.

Ashford and Simpson wrote a song about it;

"There's nothing like the real thing, baby".

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jim, I'm curious - how do you address the ProTools compatibility issue? Say i wanted to open a ProTools project at your place - work on it and take it home- Would OMF do the trick in Nuendo?

I got similar setup - HD24XR, RME card/nuendo & analog board - I'm just thinking about the ProTools issue - of people comming in with ProTools session -How can I get away with just a 002 ?
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear
PT/PTHD/Nuendo/HD24XR compatability

OMF is a nice idea. The reality of moving sessions from one DAW to another with edits/automation/plugs intact would require genuine and continuing cooperation on the part of all the manufacturers and support companies to adhere to "a standard", like Apple Computer insisted on for Look & Feel during the System7 era. It's more like getting an agreement among the African Union States where everyone smiles, talks, and signs up, but can't seem to comply or enforce anything.

The only somewhat "fer-sure" method of transferring sessions is to print continuous tracks on media readable by later systems. Every DAW can read and play the tracks, while they may fail to understand fades/edits/automation and may not have a version or suitable sub for whatever plug-ins were assigned. Print the audio clean, print effects, print automation, and provide a set of guide tracks with the mixed result for reference. I think there is an AES archival standard for digital multitracks with suggestion/guidance for this kind of archive.

Pro Tools EXISTS to host plug-in's and make Avid money. Without the plugs, PT is just another pretty DAW. Market share comes and goes, but products do not always serve the customer/user. There's very little reason for a successful company to make open standards and provide full documentation for their competitors to use.

I don't "hate" Pro Tools or Digidesign. They make some interesting products at some decent price-points. They work. But, don't expect switching horses mid-project to be simple/easy/good. Even translation between PTLE5 and PTHD6 or PTLE7 is tough. Bringing up an old project from PT3 or PT4 can be a nightmare, if you don't own the original hardware to play it out from.

Cheers.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Addict

My first digital system was a 2 channel Hybrid Arts Digital Master. It's still in my garage somewhere and worth nothing. Same with the Digidesign Session 8 system that I moved into after the Digital Master. I followed that up with a pretty blown out Soundscape system which I loved, but within a year grew really frustrated with because the promised upgrades and automation just never came to be. It did sound great and probably better than the888's in the Mix +++ system I replaced it with. I was lucky to sell the Soundscapes to a studio in Ireland for almost half of what I paid for it the year before. I used the Mix system for three years which got me finally mixing in the box. Did it sound as good as the Soundscapes coming up on 24 channels of my Jim Williams modded Soundcraft 2400.... no, but dealing with all the pains of a 25 year old console and no automation also created a hit on my creativity which in my opinion contributes much more to a great sounding final product than whether you use Pro Tools or Nuendo or a Tascam 4 track Portastudio.

Anyways, I did some extensive testing along with several other studio owners and determined that the "new"stock HD system sounded much better than my Mix+++ now with Apogees and after 3 years I sold the Mix+++ system and Apogees and upgraded to HD. My Mix+++ system was still worth some money and I actually got a decent return considering I had used the system every day for three years. I always see people complaining about what a bitch it is to keep upgrading to the latest Digi offering, but no one seems to ever mention how easy it is to sell an older system and still pull some money out of it. I don't think I really had to come up with more than 5K to make the upgrade especially since I actually bought most of the plugins I used. That's where Mix system users get hosed is that they couldn't take all their cracked plugs with them to HD land.

So here I am in HD land for the last few years. The system sounds great enough to make some great sounding recordings. Is it the best.... well that depends on what you need your DAW to do. If you're a composer and working with a lot of virtual synths and samplers like I am, then no. That's why for midi heavy things I'm over on a second G5 running Logic. But for audio and mixing, I'd rather take a beating than rely on Logic for that. The same goes for Digital Performer which I have used and Cubase which I own and used to use. None of them touch the ease and accessability of Pro Tools in my opinion. I have the PT and Logic systems synched and as soon as I'm done sequencing, I just hit record on PT and digitaly record the Logic stuff over 32 tracks at a time. I'm also finding that I'm doing more midi within Pro Tools although I find the midi kind of clumsy in the same way I find working with audio on a midi sequencer. But it's getting much better and the newer Digi synths are really great. If they work the bugs out of the Structure sampler for reading my EXS library I will probably only use Logic for doing big orchestration projects.

So that's how I work and you didn't hear me say once that I think Nuendo or whatever non Pro Tools system you want to use sucks ass. I just don't know why those of you that refuse to become "sheep like" have so many bad things to say about Pro Tools. It doesn't suck and it doesn't sound like **** any more than any of these other DAW's suck or sound like ****. They all have their pluses and minuses and attributes that may make someone gravitate towards one or the other, but the outcome doesn't really vary too much. There are certainly things about using Logic that I think completely suck and I use it all the time.

The bottom line is that we're all still just pointing and clicking and dragging **** around on a screen. It really isn't that much different sounding or working so use what makes things work for you and stop dispelling all the bull**** about what you don't use. Half of you don't really even know what you're talking about to begin with because most have formed their opinions without even using Pro Tools very much. As for the others..... OK I get it... you don't like it, but it isn't because it sucks. It's because you don't like it and you think anyone with a contrary opinion to yourselves is an asshole. All I can say in regard to that is that I generally find that if I meet or talk to more than one asshole a day, then it's usually me that's the asshole.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jim- would this 96K stuff be done using S/MUX protocol ? I'm not sure if the HD24XR supports it.
Would I be able to use my HD24XR as a front-end to an M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge at 96K/24-bit?

M-AUDIO - ProFire Lightbridge - 34-in/36-out FireWire Lightpipe Interface
Old 14th September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
This may be one of the dumbest polls I've seen yet!!

Congratulations!!

You forgot to add the response "Because I'm a sheep, and everyone else is using the miserable sounding crap"
That may be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen.

How about the, "I'm a rebel and use (Insert DAW here) even though PT is prefectly sufficient for my recording needs"?

This is a thread about why we use pro tools. Go record something in Cubase or Nuendo or Logic or whatever you use and let us talk Pro Tools

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search