The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Pultec At AES Show this fall??? Equalisers (HW)
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Addict

Thanks, Roundbadge for your very informative post. I really do appreciate it thumbsup I think I'm going to stick to my original plan though, and get the Retro. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris900 View Post
Thanks, Roundbadge for your very informative post. I really do appreciate it thumbsup I think I'm going to stick to my original plan though, and get the Retro. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
Then start saving for the Pulse
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Addict

New Pultec At AES Show this fall???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge

Then start saving for the Pulse
Will do!
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Nut

We absolutely positively will have at least one demo pair at the booth complete with infrastructure to facilitate closed headphone listening. However, AES forbids exhibitors from making sales from the exhibit floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX View Post
Hey Steve, I am heading to the AES this year in San Fran. So you are 100% that it will be on display and for our hearing pleasure? If so, I am looking forward to it. Will you have any for sale on the floor? I may just buy them off you at the AES if I like what I hear.

What would be really cool is if you can have one good original side by side for A/B evaluation. Thanks D
Old 13th September 2010
Gear Guru

Look forward to seeing you and Dave in SF Steve
Old 13th September 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
There really aren't any pro's/cons here.just apples/oranges.
Really #$%^%$# TASTY apples and oranges.
Old 27th October 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejackson View Post
FYI, Pulse Techniques will have a booth (#517) at the AES show in San Francisco November 5 - 7. Dave and I will both be there, so please come by and take a look and listen. For more information on the show in general check out:

AES San Francisco 2010: 129th AES Convention

If you would like a complementary pass to the exhibits, please contact me directly via e-mail using steve at pultec dot com
For those who are interested, the mastering version of the EQP-1A3 (the EQM-1A3) is in production and we will have a pair on display and set up for listening at the AES show next week. Please drop by booth 517 and give them a look and a listen.

And we still have complementary passes to the exhibits available for anyone who needs one or more.

www.pultec.com
Old 27th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
For those who are interested, the mastering version of the EQP-1A3 (the EQM-1A3) is in production and we will have a pair on display and set up for listening at the AES show next week. Please drop by booth 517 and give them a look and a listen.

And we still have complementary passes to the exhibits available for anyone who needs one or more.

www.pultec.com
Congratulations on product number 2 Steve!
Old 27th October 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Congratulations on product number 2 Steve!
Thanks Mike! Trust me, there will be more. I hope you are still enjoying your very early pair of EQP-1A3s.
Old 27th October 2010
Lives for gear

They literally put a smile on my face every day. Over time as we acquire tools there are certain items that are 'keepers' for as long as you do the job. The EQP's are on my list.
Old 27th October 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Thanks Mike! Trust me, there will be more. I hope you are still enjoying your very early pair of EQP-1A3s.
when do we see the all tube console Steve!!

kiddin..heh

still LO-ving my pair man.
sorry i can't make the aes to see you guys.I love SF this time of the year.
Old 8th November 2010
Gear Nut

Thanks to all who came by our booth at AES this week. It was great to put faces to so many of the folks who participate on this forum. The turnout at this year's AES was exceptional and Dave and I are worn out, but it was great spending the last three days talking about nothing but Pultecs and observing the response of all those who came by and listened to the EQP-1A3 and EQM-1A3 products.
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

What is the EQM-1A3 about? Is it a detented version of eqp-1a3 for mastering?
Any chance we may see a MEQ-5 and EQH2 re-issue with blue faceplate ?
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstringer View Post
What is the EQM-1A3 about? Is it a detented version of eqp-1a3 for mastering?
Any chance we may see a MEQ-5 and EQH3 re-issue with blue faceplate ?
Yes, it is built with stepped attenuator switches (not just detented pots) and has 1/2dB steps providing you are not using boost and cut simultaneously, in which case the step size will vary.

The boost/cut range is 10dB instead of the roughly 20dB range of the EQP-1A3 model.

DC
Old 13th March 2011
Gear Head

Hi, Dave and Steve. any updates to the availability of the stepped version? Is this available as an upgrade to the regular EQP version? cost?

Any luck on finding a good sourse for tubes?
Old 30th July 2011

Well........my pair of Pulse Techniques EQ's arrived a couple of days ago and I had my first chance to use them in a full tracking session today. Had one on the acoustic guitar and the other on the mic on the standup bass. The acoustic guitar player kept coming into the CR and was getting pretty excited about how his guitar was sounding on playback. As he put it "That guitar has never sounded that good on a recording before". This guy has been around the block and knows a good sound when he hears it.
Gotta love it. It took a while after hearing them at AES to get the cash together but it was worth the wait. Damn they are good.
Attached Thumbnails
New Pultec At AES Show this fall???-pultec-2.jpg  
Old 6th October 2011
Gear Nut

For those of you who will be attending the AES convention and tradeshow in NYC in a couple of weeks, Pulse Techniques, LLC will be exhibiting in booth # 264. Please drop by and have a look at and a listen to our expanding line of faithful recreations of the original Pultec products.

Please contact us using [email protected] if you would like a complementary exhibits pass.
Old 7th October 2011
Gear Head

I've been using my pair of EQM-1A3's for 4 months now. I have dreamed about an EQ like this for years and years. The resolution of having stepped attenuators on a full on pultec eq is something you really must experience.
If you are thinking mixbuss go with the EQM.
Old 3rd January 2012
Here for the gear

Just to get back on these reissues. What caps and resistors did you use for both the filter unit and amp section? Are there any parts for sale? Like the inductor and transformers?
Thanks for the info!

Bram
Old 12th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram9206 View Post
Just to get back on these reissues. What caps and resistors did you use for both the filter unit and amp section? Are there any parts for sale? Like the inductor and transformers?
Thanks for the info!

Bram
Trying to build a clone and buy part from a manufacturer?
Old 25th July 2012
Lives for gear

if you are thinking mixbus get the EQP-1S3. the original mastering version lovingly recreated by pulse techniques

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search