The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
heartbeat
Old 2nd November 2002
High End Moderator

heartbeat

Any ideas where I could find a great heartbeat sample with minimal backgrounbd noise?
Old 2nd November 2002
Lives for gear

dependingon the speed you need, Chaos AD by Sepultura started out with a heartbeat ( his son's I think) taken in utero..

Maybe you could time stretch it to fit your needs..
Old 2nd November 2002
SoundDogs

I've had great luck getting sound effects from them!
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear
Hey this is great trivia! The only song I could think of right off was heart of rock n roll by Huey Lewis, theres got to be others.
Daniel
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

Re: heartrbeat

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
Any ideas where I could find a great heartbeat sample with minimal backgrounbd noise?

if you pay for the ticket I'll fly over and let you record mine for free .... with the gear you have it shoudn't be a problem to do that without background noise.

disclaimer : MW will provide all necessary "heart beat control accessories" as there are according to the type of beat you need : scary movies, alcohol, GIRLZZZZ, etc etc ....
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

PZM Mic.... Duct Tape..... Someone on Speed.....
Old 3rd November 2002
High End Moderator

Re: Re: heartrbeat

Thanx for the tips, guys.

Got a great sample, thanx alpha.

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
if you pay for the ticket I'll fly over and let you record mine for free .... with the gear you have it shoudn't be a problem to do that without background noise.

disclaimer : MW will provide all necessary "heart beat control accessories" as there are according to the type of beat you need : scary movies, alcohol, GIRLZZZZ, etc etc ....
well, we tried all the girlzzzz already but we couldn't get the mics close enough to the heart for some reason, I guess we have to practice some more tomorrow
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

Michael, do you need an assistant?grggt
Old 3rd November 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by groundcontrol
Michael, do you need an assistant?grggt
There is a line around the block heh
Old 3rd November 2002
Gear Addict

Pink Floyd used a kick drum for the heartbeat on Dark Side of the Moon, with some success.
Old 3rd November 2002
There is only one

or if you had funkadelic's maggot brain album.
Old 3rd November 2002
Moderator emeritus

Michael, you've got a Kurzweil 2500 or 2600, don't you? I've had pretty good luck finding strange sounds for that box through http://www.k2users.org/k_main.htm as well as a Google search. In your case, Searching for "Kurzweil Heartbeat Sample" offered some possibilities.

I gather that you've found what you need for your specific application - I was simply ofering some ideas for the next time you're in a bind.
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

There is a line around the block heh
Yeah but you know how the southern belle's react to that french-lover-talk thing...
Old 4th November 2002
There is only one

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin
I gather that you've found what you need for your specific application - I was simply ofering some ideas for the next time you're in a bind.
i've got micheal covered for a good bit of sfx that he needs... now about that assistant job
Old 4th November 2002
Lives for gear

hollywood edge sound collection " human noises " ( i guess ) , there are some cool heartbeats on .
Old 4th November 2002
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk

i've got micheal covered for a good bit of sfx that he needs... now about that assistant job
Then you're ahead of me - I've offered him some fine barbecue whenever he comes up here, but he hasn't taken me up on it...
Old 4th November 2002
There is only one

i can be there in 4 hours... mmmm BBQ.
Old 4th November 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin

Then you're ahead of me - I've offered him some fine barbecue whenever he comes up here, but he hasn't taken me up on it...
Sorry guys, but as you know: work spoils the whole day heh actually this IS my hobby . . .

Dave, I'd love to come out and I promise I will, as soon as this one's done, I probably see you in January, we might have to substitute the BBQ for some ice fishing heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search