The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hybrid Mixing and Conversion
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

I haven't tried this yet.

The more I imagine my workflow, I think the hardware inserts will be more efficient than the summing mixer. With Subgroups on Inserts, I can print and automate in the DAW going into the Mixbus. One extra conversion, for one extra level of automation.
Gear Addict
if you're seriously considering analog summing, you owe it to yourself to check out airwindows console (and airwindows dark for that matter). unless you're AAX only. the man has no marketing behind him which is why you may not be aware that this is totally unlike other console emulation plugins, which are just ITB saturators. OTB summing will sound even better, no doubt, but to me console is a step in that direction, coming from plain digital summing.

the versions i like the most are console6 (depth with extra thump) and console7 (max depth and detail, no extra thump). all versions of console are primarily about depth/3D, console6 included. but compared to the other versions, console6 has a thump to it that I quite like. it's also lowest on CPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeedle View Post
An issue with using different converters is timing. Some will come in behind others, then your phase gets all messed up if you send a kit for example through different conversion chains.
I agree that is possible (though easily dealt with by protools HDX which I run). But I don't see how that is relevant to my post.
His stuff does look sweet, I'm planning on trying some soon. But, I think the point of analog summing is to incorporate hardware inserts in the analog domain. Not just stemming out to a mixer with no gear inserted, that would def yield minimal sonic benefit.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I agree that is possible (though easily dealt with by protools HDX which I run). But I don't see how that is relevant to my post.
It wasn’t i should have used quick post.
📝 Reply