The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I need insurance! But Clarion wants a year upfront... help!
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Joe is the man to talk to. All other companies are offering incomplete coverage.

Beware of Heritage, a dishonest company. I sued them after they refused to honor my claim. They lost big time to me in court.
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Joe is the man to talk to. All other companies are offering incomplete coverage.

Beware of Heritage, a dishonest company. I sued them after they refused to honor my claim. They lost big time to me in court.
Everyone's experiences are different. I had a very positive experience after an old Martin was damaged in shipment. Fast, efficient, no problems at all about paying for both the repair and the loss in value, which was considerable.

So, tagging a company as "dishonest" for your bad experience is not helpful. A data point, but only one.

I'm also curious as to whether it was Heritage or the actual underwriter that denied your claim and lost to you in court.

I say all this with the respect that's due you; your posts are always interesting and helpful, and reflect your skill and experience.
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

In complaints to state insurance regulators, Heritage has a very high number of complaints. My lawsuit was filed after they failed to honor my contract with them.

They are probably ok for small claims. That is until they don’t pay when you have a genuine and documented loss.

My lawsuit cost a few people their jobs at Heritage and was filed against the parent company. They paid a punishing penalty to me as well as my loss.

My policy with Joe costs $3200 per year.
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post

Hi Plush - I'd like to learn about your experience. I use Heritage for my vintage instruments and Clarion for my recording gear. Maybe it is time to consider moving the geetars over to Clarion. If you'd prefer not to make this public in the forum perhaps you'd be willing to ping me.

Thanks!
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet.d View Post
2018 check in.
Joe still the most reliable bet going? Any other relatively equally trustworthy options folks can mention for consideration ?
Go with Joe.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search