The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Merging Anubis and Hapi
Old 8th August 2020
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Merging Anubis and Hapi

Hi can anyone tell me if the Merging gear is only suited to Classical/Orchestral music. I can’t seem to find anyone mentioning using it for any other genre.
Cheers
Old 8th August 2020
  #2
Lives for gear
 

since when does gear know or care about genre? gear is either up to its task or it isn't - check specs and performance and use your ears!
Old 8th August 2020
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Thank you so much deedeeyeah. What a great tip.... use my ears. I never thought of that. Thank you so much for you excellent advice. Very much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 8th August 2020
  #4
Lives for gear
 

the question you're asking in this thread alone made me fear that I would have to expect such a reaction - it would have required no evidence to confirm my bad premonitions...

oh, and regarding 'using the ears': i'm quite serious about that! - i happen to dislike merging's preamps and/or ad/converters while the d/a converters imo are very good...
Old 8th August 2020
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Sorry. I’m a little lost now. I was just thanking you for your advice.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on the pre amps and converters. Very useful to know what you think.

Very kind of you to take the time to reply.
Old 8th August 2020
  #6
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
Merging is absolutely clean and clear. If that is what you are going for its u there with the very best.

i personally love the pres and converters. But if you are more into burl, its not gonna do anything for you.
Old 10th August 2020
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Merging is absolutely clean and clear. If that is what you are going for its u there with the very best.

i personally love the pres and converters. But if you are more into burl, its not gonna do anything for you.
That’s very interesting thanks for your input my friend. I just find it interesting that no one ever seems to mention Merging for “Rock n Roll” so to speak. Only every orchestral or classical worlds, it seems. Hmmmm
Old 10th August 2020
  #8
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinatra View Post
That’s very interesting thanks for your input my friend. I just find it interesting that no one ever seems to mention Merging for “Rock n Roll” so to speak. Only every orchestral or classical worlds, it seems. Hmmmm
Its cuz rock n roll is more colored type of sounds where merging is very clean. This song was done with merging converters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDoy4l3-9rc
Old 10th August 2020
  #9
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Its cuz rock n roll is more colored type of sounds where merging is very clean. This song was done with merging converters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDoy4l3-9rc
Hey Man that really interesting actually. Thank you so much. So you happen to know of any more tracks made with merging?
Old 10th August 2020
  #10
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinatra View Post
Hey Man that really interesting actually. Thank you so much. So you happen to know of any more tracks made with merging?
Here's a few things... 100% Merging HORUS

Monkey House - FRIDAY (LP)
https://youtu.be/3wOwwe_E8lI

Alex Cuba - SUBLIME (LP)
https://youtu.be/4Y5DAMjC028

Ian Thomas - A LIFE IN SONG (LP)
https://youtu.be/pyj4znPRff0

Absolutely love it. Use it every single day..!..
Old 10th August 2020
  #11
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixchump View Post
Here's a few things... 100% Merging HORUS

Monkey House - FRIDAY (LP)
https://youtu.be/3wOwwe_E8lI

Alex Cuba - SUBLIME (LP)
https://youtu.be/4Y5DAMjC028

Ian Thomas - A LIFE IN SONG (LP)
https://youtu.be/pyj4znPRff0

Absolutely love it. Use it every single day..!..
Thank you so much for your input and sharing that with me. Extremely helpful.
Old 13th August 2020
  #12
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
the question you're asking in this thread alone made me fear that I would have to expect such a reaction - it would have required no evidence to confirm my bad premonitions...

oh, and regarding 'using the ears': i'm quite serious about that! - i happen to dislike merging's preamps and/or ad/converters while the d/a converters imo are very good...
Hey Deedeeyeah I’m very interested to know what you don’t like about the ad conversion in merging. Could you describe your thought please. It would be most helpful to know. Thanks
Old 15th August 2020
  #13
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixchump View Post
Here's a few things... 100% Merging HORUS

Monkey House - FRIDAY (LP)
https://youtu.be/3wOwwe_E8lI

Alex Cuba - SUBLIME (LP)
https://youtu.be/4Y5DAMjC028

Ian Thomas - A LIFE IN SONG (LP)
https://youtu.be/pyj4znPRff0

Absolutely love it. Use it every single day..!..
These all sound really great!
Old 15th August 2020
  #14
Gear Nut
 

First off- these examples are great! Thanks for sharing your work.

I hear just a crystalline perfection and realism in these songs, and an unbelievable presence.

Would work great for Pop and some country, especially modern, and of course classical and orchestral. Solo singer songwriter as well.

I also get why Rock and related genres may not bnefit from the extreme clarity. We are trained to hear things smear together a little bit more, and have that colored vibe. These converters seem very unforgiving. Do I really want to hear every detail of a distorted guitar? or do I just want to feel the impression and power?

Again, thanks for sharing YMMV.
Old 15th August 2020
  #15
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlackWolf View Post
First off- these examples are great! Thanks for sharing your work.

I hear just a crystalline perfection and realism in these songs, and an unbelievable presence.

Would work great for Pop and some country, especially modern, and of course classical and orchestral. Solo singer songwriter as well.

I also get why Rock and related genres may not bnefit from the extreme clarity. We are trained to hear things smear together a little bit more, and have that colored vibe. These converters seem very unforgiving. Do I really want to hear every detail of a distorted guitar? or do I just want to feel the impression and power?

Again, thanks for sharing YMMV.
Very well put. !!!
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump