The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Chandler Curve Bender different faceplate designs
Old 23rd July 2020
Chandler Curve Bender different faceplate designs

Any difference in the build btwn these designs? All controls appear to be the same. My impression is that the centered logos was the earlier design and the logos on the sides is the more recent design. Frankly, I prefer the centered designs haha...but I am curious is there any kind of a V1 v2 thing going on??
Attached Thumbnails
Chandler Curve Bender different faceplate designs-1a19cf12-1d52-40ea-b1cf-63995140015e.jpeg   Chandler Curve Bender different faceplate designs-18c917bb-4a56-44cf-af0d-223683765064.png  
Old 23rd July 2020
Got a reply from Chandler on this. The centered logos was the earlier design, they moved the logos to the outside edges when abbey road changed their logos. No differences in the circuit.
Old 24th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7up partridge View Post
Got a reply from Chandler on this. The centered logos was the earlier design, they moved the logos to the outside edges when abbey road changed their logos. No differences in the circuit.
Correct, purely cosmetic.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Ha. I actually never noticed there were two different ones. Love my Curvebender!
Old 28th July 2020
Gear Maniac

I'm not a fan of the new faceplates, the yellow flame thingy drives me crazy, it oozes slight cheesiness in a non-military spec way and has stopped me from buying new, so I stay on the hunt for used units.
Old 28th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyeseeing View Post
I'm not a fan of the new faceplates, the yellow flame thingy drives me crazy, it oozes slight cheesiness in a non-military spec way and has stopped me from buying new, so I stay on the hunt for used units.
Completely agree! Argh that flame!!! I sold my previous EQ and had a mastering project so I had to spring for a new one, but I will be on the lookout for a used one and flip them for sure.
Old 29th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, I am not a fan of the flame logo, either. I don't really understand it, actually. However, I generally forget it exists.
Old 29th July 2020
Gear Maniac

If I'm not mistaken even the color scheme seems to be slightly off, as in the greenish grey is more bold as well as the yellows and the print on the design or markings has a ever so fine font change. I'm also an artist not as in music artist and pay close attention to detail and the way colors compliment each other and grasps the user to inspire and motivate us to reach for it. There are several companies I have seen slayed on this site for esthetics and color schemes regardless if they are super highend ie; Terry Audio CEQ. Wouldn't doubt it sounds phenomenal just get distracted by the colors etc.
Old 4th August 2020
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken even the color scheme seems to be slightly off
Absolutely true. Just got mine today...the new faceplate is quite a deep blue and the red knobs are sort of comically bright. From the photos Iโ€™ve seen the older faceplate definitely had more of a proper TG desk look.
Old 5th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_f View Post
Correct, purely cosmetic.
Can you elaborate on the difference between the +/-10 vs updated +/-5...you say same circuit but did this not change from +/-10db to 5db? Thanks
๐Ÿ“ Reply