The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lemme hear your Pearlman Tm-47
Old 14th July 2020
Here for the gear

Lemme hear your Pearlman Tm-47

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this mic. Are you still using/loving yours in 2020? If you have a band or vocalist I can search on Tidal or Youtube let me know. For my first home mic locker I'm thinking to start with the TM47, Shure sm7b, and an oktava mk012. The Tm47 would not only do vocals, but guitar cab, cajon, & other random instruments.
Old 14th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicSurfin View Post
I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this mic. Are you still using/loving yours in 2020? If you have a band or vocalist I can search on Tidal or Youtube let me know. For my first home mic locker I'm thinking to start with the TM47, Shure sm7b, and an oktava mk012. The Tm47 would not only do vocals, but guitar cab, cajon, & other random instruments.
For that kind of money and looking for a 47 type of mic, I’d probably go with an Horch RM2J, it is a little bit more, but comes with a Tiersch capsule and an haufe xformer and premium quality components afaik.
it sounds very good (my fav in this particular case fwiw) in this shootout, with mics costing much more than that:

Mic Shoot Out: Myburgh M1, Brauner VM1, Horch Rm2j

The SM7 is a nice allround, it is a nice addition.

Regarding the sdc, the oktava are not bad.. although depending what you’re looking for there might be better options (on the budget starting with a Line Audio CM4, Shure SM81)..
..or going towards a higher budget the Neumann km184 or even better a used schoeps cmc (5 or 6 or even the new short ones cmc1) with an mk4..
These are mics you’ll probably always keep, no matter what.

Buy once but good.

Cheu
Old 14th July 2020
Lives for gear

How's you room? A Beyer M88TG might be as good (or better) choice-if it isn't treated enough (or at all).
Dave makes really excellent sounding microphones, and is a super nice guy BTW,
Chris
Old 14th July 2020
Lives for gear

Pearlman TM-47 on Vocals...

Old 14th July 2020
Here for the gear

Thiersch capsules are just different. I don't feel I've heard any thing that's the cream of the crop.

The TM-LE is bonkers good.
Old 15th July 2020
Here for the gear

Perfect. I only created an account this year but have been lurking GS for over a decade, but your posts have been a significant contribution over the years for my willingness to go towards the TM-47 lol. Great example, thanks. Do you have any on male vocals by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Pearlman TM-47 on Vocals...

Old 15th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicSurfin View Post
Perfect. I only created an account this year but have been lurking GS for over a decade, but your posts have been a significant contribution over the years for my willingness to go towards the TM-47 lol. Great example, thanks. Do you have any on male vocals by any chance?
Sorry, I don't have anything I can share with male vocals with the Tm-47.
Old 16th July 2020
Here for the gear

No problem. Your TM-47 recordings are fantastic. Did you ever get the chance to test the Tm-47 against a Flea 47 or Soyuz 017? Curious what your thoughts are if you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Sorry, I don't have anything I can share with male vocals with the Tm-47.
Old 2nd August 2020
Here for the gear
I know I'm a few weeks late to this, but if you want to check out my YouTube page, you'll see/hear the TM47 on the last few songs (My Way, Hallelujah, Yesterday). Here's the link: www.youtube.com/c/seanmott

Also, Dave Pearlman is an awesome guy.
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Addict

I have a Pearlman TM-1 with the K47 capsule as Dave was putting in a few years ago. This also has a Telefunken EF-14 metal tube. Guitar, male and female vocals are with the Pearlman TM-1 if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGUEMLXojsk
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob61 View Post
I have a Pearlman TM-1 with the K47 capsule as Dave was putting in a few years ago. This also has a Telefunken EF-14 metal tube. Guitar, male and female vocals are with the Pearlman TM-1 if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGUEMLXojsk
I had an early TM1 with a Peluso capsule, and this sounds muuuuuch better than mine sounded.
📝 Reply