The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
sony c800g still at 24k on reverb.
Old 12th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohead View Post
That's why I keep using it, I'm a Sony artist.
You have my utmost sincere condolences.

Chris
Old 12th July 2020
Gear Nut

May just have to suck it up and sell my kidney and buy it. I still won't have enough I think they give you 20k for a kidney.
Old 12th July 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
You have my utmost sincere condolences.

Chris
Haha.
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Nut

I remember times when the C800G was 3K on ebay. I've sold mine years ago for 6K. It was not necessary and it rarely fit to customers. I think the Chandler Redd.Mic is in every way a better microphone. I've changed the Mogami cable for a Vovox one.
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearstudent View Post
sony needs to make more c800g's. all the r&d, tooling, testing/certification, product awareness, sales channels have been done. it's like printing money for them.

if sony simply can't be bothered, ship the manufacturing equipment to the united states. josephson can make the capsules, and manley labs can handle the rest.
Tooling wears out. Once it does, you have to decide if it's worth the cost to replace. Let's say the tool cost 0.6 million. Is it worth it vs. other opportunity costs for Sony?

I owned a C800 (non-g). Even with the sparse collection of mic's I had at the time, it did not get used much. Without the G it was best on screaming vocals and is the center of M-S setup with a coles 4038. If you have a chance, try the Sony-coles M-S with the decode to stereo on a TCE M5000 or 6000. I just loved that sound when I had it.
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstreet View Post
I remember times when the C800G was 3K on ebay. I've sold mine years ago for 6K. It was not necessary and it rarely fit to customers. I think the Chandler Redd.Mic is in every way a better microphone. I've changed the Mogami cable for a Vovox one.
Yep I agree. Recently switched to vovox here too.
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstreet View Post
Own both & use them just about every day. Love the Chandler & gets very close to the Sony but will absolutely never be a replacement for it.
Old 3rd August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremos View Post
Own both & use them just about every day. Love the Chandler & gets very close to the Sony but will absolutely never be a replacement for it.
Did you change the Mogami cable? Huge difference! Mogami cable sounds flat, Vovox open and bright.
📝 Reply