The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Millennia STT-1 brand new with issue?!
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Millennia STT-1 brand new with issue?!

Hello
I just bought for 2 weeks a brand new Millennia STT-1 and now the lighting knob seems to be defect when i press in or out theres no light can anybody tell what is wrong here? I uploaded a video just to make things more clear
https://youtu.be/JR4kkp0sxZU
Best greetings
Nino

Update
Problem just solved had to get the EQ section ON thats all this thing is so huge theres so much to learn on it..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino.Lacroix View Post
Hello
I just bought for 2 weeks a brand new Millennia STT-1 and now the lighting knob seems to be defect when i press in or out theres no light can anybody tell what is wrong here? I uploaded a video just to make things more clear
https://youtu.be/JR4kkp0sxZU
Best greetings
Nino

Update
Problem just solved had to get the EQ section ON thats all this thing is so huge theres so much to learn on it..
You beat me to it.

It's a great piece, I love mine.

It is the ultimate bass DI - I've never used better.

Also try the direct out for the tube pre into an external comp tracking vocals - that a Fred Forrsell designed tube pre - I think it sounds stunning.

Congrats - enjoy your recording with the STT-1.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
this thing is so huge...
It is huge, and thankfully, sounds huge too.
Some of the best sounding tracks I've ever recorded were through that box.
Enjoy.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
You beat me to it.

It's a great piece, I love mine.

It is the ultimate bass DI - I've never used better.

Also try the direct out for the tube pre into an external comp tracking vocals - that a Fred Forrsell designed tube pre - I think it sounds stunning.

Congrats - enjoy your recording with the STT-1.
It seems to be a long trip for me (i spend much mote on making/practicing music) but the STT-1 it’s a game changer for me ig sounds so good im using it with U87 is line Boom ?
Ps. What you mean with an external cop track? Track in DAW?
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by edva View Post
It is huge, and thankfully, sounds huge too.
Some of the best sounding tracks I've ever recorded were through that box.
Enjoy.
Man i really don’t know where to start with this thing it’s so big i think i don’t need no more outboards at all it’s a my home studio it self))
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It seems to be a long trip for me (i spend much mote on making/practicing music) but the STT-1 it’s a game changer for me ig sounds so good im using it with U87 is line Boom ?
Ps. What you mean with an external cop track? Track in DAW?
I mean an external hardware compressor like an LA2A, 1176 or STA Level for example.

The compressor in the STT-1 is very good and can be used to add gentle opto compression when tracking but it's not know for having heaps of character (by design) so sometimes I just use the tube pre-amp in the STT-1 by using the pre-amp direct output into a hardware character compressor (if I want tracking compression) or just the preamp straight into my DAW.

I actually have my STT-1 on a patch bay as there's so many I/O combinations on it.

Try the unbalanced output which is technically higher quality than the balanced output as it uses a fully discreet output circuit and is of the highest quality.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man i really don’t know where to start with this thing it’s so big i think i don’t need no more outboards at all it’s a my home studio it self))
World class piece of gear, everything you do from now on will have the potential to be better because of it.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
I mean an external hardware compressor like an LA2A, 1176 or STA Level for example.

The compressor in the STT-1 is very good and can be used to add gentle opto compression when tracking but it's not know for having heaps of character (by design) so sometimes I just use the tube pre-amp in the STT-1 by using the pre-amp direct output into a hardware character compressor (if I want tracking compression) or just the preamp straight into my DAW.

I actually have my STT-1 on a patch bay as there's so many I/O combinations on it.

Try the unbalanced output which is technically higher quality than the balanced output as it uses a fully discreet output circuit and is of the highest quality.
I guess most of users here are engineers because what you say sounds chinese to me ( i mean it in positive way) but this gonna be a challange for me that i have to deal with it

In the other hand i did understand ( Try the unbalanced output which is technically higher quality than the balanced output as it uses a fully discreet output circuit and is of the highest quality.)
Best regards
Nino
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess most of users here are engineers because what you say sounds chinese to me ( i mean it in positive way) but this gonna be a challange for me that i have to deal with it

In the other hand i did understand ( Try the unbalanced output which is technically higher quality than the balanced output as it uses a fully discreet output circuit and is of the highest quality.)
Best regards
Nino
The STT-1 is perfect for you because it allows for so much experimentation.

Try the switch that flips the dynamic section pre or post EQ - it does make a subtle difference.

I also highly recommend reading the manual, it's very well written and gives a very good overview of all the sonic options available.

Have fun
Old 4 days ago
Hi,
I have two of them since many years. Recently I brought them for a recalibrating to German distributor. Everything still 100% fine.
I still love them and they sound great on everything (all Mics & DI)
Enjoy...
Marcus
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear