The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio Eclipse 384. Still relevant in 2020?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Antelope Audio Eclipse 384. Still relevant in 2020?

I am looking for a high end converter, at a decent price. can't really go over 2,500. I found a Eclipse 384 for a decent price, I know they used to cost 6k, of course years ago was the top mastering tracking etc converters. But its 2020, I know new gear , doesn't mean better, So with that said I am looking at 2 options.

Buying the Eclipse 384. in top condition.

or The new Antelope Zen Tour SC

I looked at the newer Amari, but it is over my budget price, unless I find one used.

both around the same price.

I will be using t for ITB mixing, Vocal tracking with a OTB preamp, and printing, mixes, If the eclipse, then also mastering and final printing my own mixes.

By the way, I listened to some roundtrip wav files of the Antelope Amari, vs the Eclipse and it seemd like the low end on the eclipse is more transparent and faster attaacks, the amari seems more apparent on the mids and highs, the differences are noticeable slightly but not by much.

Any thoughts , suggestions. comments. etc. Anyone?

Last edited by mlml; 1 week ago at 07:29 AM.. Reason: adding info
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear