The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wes audio users?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Wes audio users?

Anyone use the Wes audio stuff ? Is it high quality? Or do you have any experience with other company’s that offer similar technologies? I just stumbles across them and i think what they are doing is the future of hybrid mixing ... if every company adopted this it would be great , I think this is the direction I’m taking my studio in myself personally...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Yes, I have a Titan rack with 4x Mima FET compressor, 2 x Hyperion parametric EQ and 1 x Prometheus Passive (Pultec) EQ. Waiting for my NgBusComp to arrive coming weeks...I also use Bettermaker, Limiter, Mastering compressor and Mastering EQ in my master bus and have two Bricasti's I control with Reverb Foundry plugin...YES, here the digital-analog madness has really begun .

Both WES and Bettermaker make excellent products. Plugin control is excellent and all this stuff just sounds good. Even though BM Stuff is aimed for mastering, I think their stuff is among the best tools also for mixing.
All these products are excellent stuff I can easily recommend.
Not that it matters but I've also paid for all my gear so this is not any kind of promoted gear ad. This digi-controlled analog is the coolest thing that has happened in this industry for a long time (my personal opinion of course)...I've been mixing music professionally for almost fifteen years now and to be honest, nowadays I enjoy it the most...No more "semi accurate" manual recalls or lost recall material, lots of cool new ways of using hardware, all the gear have physical buttons you can also use to write automations...Real analog just sounds like real analog...Plugins have come a long way but I still find that both in dynamics and in EQ world, I need hardware to do critical stuff plugins still aren't quite capable of.

I am blind and for me and my workflow this is especially remarkable thing since until now and after the early itb days, I've had to use an assistant with proper sight for every recall, ask him to make the needed material for all the recalls etc. I also notice that now that I really don't have to care about saving any settings from song to song, I'm making much cooler decissions in my productions and mixes.

I'm gonna buy another fully loaded Titan with quite much the same specs as my first one.

This is the future of hybrid mixing...

-- Mikko
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherrane View Post
Yes, I have a Titan rack with 4x Mima FET compressor, 2 x Hyperion parametric EQ and 1 x Prometheus Passive (Pultec) EQ. Waiting for my NgBusComp to arrive coming weeks...I also use Bettermaker, Limiter, Mastering compressor and Mastering EQ in my master bus and have two Bricasti's I control with Reverb Foundry plugin...YES, here the digital-analog madness has really begun .

Both WES and Bettermaker make excellent products. Plugin control is excellent and all this stuff just sounds good. Even though BM Stuff is aimed for mastering, I think their stuff is among the best tools also for mixing.
All these products are excellent stuff I can easily recommend.
Not that it matters but I've also paid for all my gear so this is not any kind of promoted gear ad. This digi-controlled analog is the coolest thing that has happened in this industry for a long time (my personal opinion of course)...I've been mixing music professionally for almost fifteen years now and to be honest, nowadays I enjoy it the most...No more "semi accurate" manual recalls or lost recall material, lots of cool new ways of using hardware, all the gear have physical buttons you can also use to write automations...Real analog just sounds like real analog...Plugins have come a long way but I still find that both in dynamics and in EQ world, I need hardware to do critical stuff plugins still aren't quite capable of.

I am blind and for me and my workflow this is especially remarkable thing since until now and after the early itb days, I've had to use an assistant with proper sight for every recall, ask him to make the needed material for all the recalls etc. I also notice that now that I really don't have to care about saving any settings from song to song, I'm making much cooler decissions in my productions and mixes.

I'm gonna buy another fully loaded Titan with quite much the same specs as my first one.

This is the future of hybrid mixing...

-- Mikko
man absolutely I’m so excited i stopped investing in the uad stuff when i heard the hardware stuff side by side idc what anyone says its not close at all ...maybe the eqs are kinda close but I’ve yet to hear a good plugin comp sound good at more than -7 dbs.... this is off the subject but i just received a purple mc77 yesterday and I recorded my artist the needle was buried the entire take and to my supervise it didn’t sound suffocated at all!!!! That’s th big difference between plugs and hardware ... but when I ran across the Wes stuff i was sold instantly... I’m currently allotting a budget to fill two titans ... up until now my the only drawback i had with hardware was recall and now that’s no longer an issue ... this tech is super dope and definitely the future .... can you imagine all vendors moving forward adding a usb slot on the back of their gear so it can be controlled digitally? It would be bonkers indeed
Old 3 weeks ago
Yes I have a Titan with 2 Mimas 2 Dione and 2 Hyperion. They sound great are very well made and make a great automation system.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I guess I'm this thread's slacker. Only have 1 Dione and 1 Hyperion. Sounds great and is definitely the future.
Old 2 weeks ago
500 series nutjob

nice gear i have one of the B76.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
nice gear i have one of the B76.
How would you rate the B76 against other 1176’s and their clones?
Old 2 weeks ago
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
How would you rate the B76 against other 1176’s and their clones?
i wouldn't. other then to say i see a LOT of junk out there these days?
i figure if you are looking at two comps get them in am decide for yourself what you like.
if you have a good repore with a sale rep or companie they will send out gear.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear