The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
High End Vintage Reverb
Old 4 weeks ago
High End Vintage Reverb

I love vintage reverbs. When I was putting my studio together the last few months I was considering the Lexicon 480 or the AMS RMX 16. I was really close to getting the AMS but was a little put off about the constant maintenance issues that I was reading. I ended up with a Roland R880. I'm really blown away by this unit considering how old it is. This is one unit I will be keeping for as long as I can maintain. I'm curious what go to vintage verbs people are using lately.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Lex PCM70 and PCM80 here....TC4000, well it's starting to be vintage, right ?

-- Mikko
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I agree with the r880! Sounds awesome but it is such a PITA to program lol

I’ll second the pcm70 or and old spring reverb
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I use to have the Klark Teknik dn780
Lexicon pcm60 and also the lexicon model 200
Mater room top of the line spring reverb
EMT-140 plate reverb
Lawson plate reverb

no longer have any of these but still have these below

Ursa Major Stargate reverb

Yamaha SREV.1 sampling reverb

Ibanez ad-230 Very rare BB analog echo
Korg SDD2000 delay
Toa DE1000 delay
Yamaha D5000

Last edited by axisdreamer; 3 weeks ago at 09:28 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I’m using a Lexicon 300. Really like it and want to pick up a pcm70 in the near future.
Not vintage reverb, but often use vintage analog delay in a similar manner. Using Roland re-201 & dynacord vrs23.

D.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Until I hit the lottery and buy a Bricasti, I will continue using a Lex300, TC3000 for spaces and some low end boxes for delays i.e. Lex MX200 and TC M1XL and a TC Voiceworks Plus for vocal FX. I can see a PM96 in my future or the Bricasti.
Old 3 weeks ago
TBH, i used to own 480L, PCM70, PCM80, PCM 90, RMX16, Sony MU-R201, t.c. M2000, H-3000, SST-282 (maybe the only one i wish i kept)... I've sold them all.
Why? software has caught up and surpassed all of them.

I've worked on the Bricasti M7, 960L, pretty much every iteration of a yamaha reverb, the Roland R880 etc... I know a few film guys that are dumping their Bricasti's in favor of Comet and Sonsig reverbs. Has the Bricasti been surpassed yet? not quite sure but it's not an essential in the pile of gear anymore.

We are all slutz when it comes to gear, but i prefer to be a grounded slut and spend money where it counts on "big dollar items" (mic's and analog signal processing IMHO). and that would be absolutely no digital FX hardware.

Last edited by KungFuLio; 3 weeks ago at 04:30 AM.. Reason: 'cause i forgot one letter
Old 3 weeks ago
My favorites: 480L, PCM70, H3000, RMX16, TC6000, Bricasti, 224, SP2016 and EMT250.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Not really considered high end, but the PCM60 is still a pretty satisfying uint. And a PCM41 for delay.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
My favorites: 480L, PCM70, H3000, RMX16, TC6000, Bricasti, 224, SP2016 and EMT250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Not really considered high end, but the PCM60 is still a pretty satisfying unit. And a PCM41 for delay.
PCM60, PCM70, H3000, & SP2016 is what I'm rocking at the moment (my PCM90 keeps turning itself off when it gets hot )

I considered doing a separate DAW with just plug ins to be effects for the console. I really appreciate the ease and sonics of my current hardware setup now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos147 View Post
PCM60, PCM70, H3000, & SP2016 is what I'm rocking at the moment (my PCM90 keeps turning itself off when it gets hot )

I considered doing a separate DAW with just plug ins to be effects for the console. I really appreciate the ease and sonics of my current hardware setup now.
I have a couple plug in reverbs I like, but I still mostly use my outboard. I'm not sure if its because they are easier to dial in, or because they sound better.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Love vintage reverbs-fx units. We have in our Goldstar room TC5000, H3000, TC2000, Sony R7, Lexicon M300 and Ensoniq DP4. I have 2 PCM70s that I am considering selling if anyone is interested. PM me for pics and details.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I'm a big fan of the h3000/3500 verbs - rich plate and canyon, for example, have a size and crust that remain relevant in a mix. same could be said for any effect in this box for that matter, great tone.

also really like the roland rss-303
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear