The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cranesong HEDD, before or after?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Cranesong HEDD, before or after?

Hello HEDD users, both 192 and Quantum. We all heard great things about it and hoping you could share your thoughts on following questions:

1. Where do you put it on mix bus? Before or after the mix bus comp(if you use one)?

2. Do you mix through the DSP right from the beginning of your project or you just snap it on as final touch after your mix is done?

3. If you use the DSP as final touch, Do you find it alter the mix/balance too much that you have to go back to the mix and make adjustments?

4. Lastly, your comments about the new converters in Quantum compared to 192? Big improvements or barely noticeable?

Thank you very much!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i'm using the hedd192 (mostly) as the last piece of gear in the signal chain, with the settings dialled in, to get the mix recorded in its full glory into the daw.

even the old 48k version was (and actually still is) stellar! i got the 192k just for the kinda-tape emulation; didn't get to use a quantum though (and since i stopped mixing on analog desks, it'd be pointless to invest in another slightly different converter)...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear