The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
No one talking about the Tonelux JC37 ??
Old 6th June 2020
Gear Nut

No one talking about the Tonelux JC37 ??

I’ve been wondering why I don’t see to much chatter about the Tonelux jc37. Ever since I got mine it’s been a go to on jist about everything. I’ve yet to find something it doesn’t excel at.
Old 6th June 2020
Lives for gear

Are you second guessing yourself.

Cheers
Old 7th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Are you second guessing yourself.

Cheers
No not at all! Quite the opposite... it’s just rare that I find a product that nails it like this and has very little hype.
Old 7th June 2020
Gear Head
There’s this big thread: Tonelux JC 37, new sony C37

I have one and think it’s great. Unfortunately very few other owners posting, so at this point that thread’s mostly just people speculating about it, and then it gets pretty negative in gearslutz fashion.

But as I said I love mine. Joe C said he should should be posting some comparison clips with a real Sony C37a soon, I believe. (Not that it’s much use to us at this point as owners!)
Old 7th June 2020
Gear Maniac

Yeah was about to point out that thread. That's great that you guys like your mics. Please share any examples you have.
Old 8th June 2020
Lives for gear

I hope they made the solid state version (C-37P).
Old 8th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasanything View Post
Yeah was about to point out that thread. That's great that you guys like your mics. Please share any examples you have.
Yeah I’ll have to get some things together to post...
Old 8th June 2020
Gear Guru

I think there aren't a bunch of them out in the wild. I the C-19 timing has not helped the situation.
Old 8th June 2020
Lives for gear

Supposedly, only around a 100...
Chris
Old 9th June 2020
Yeah some decent samples would have helped.
Old 10th June 2020
Gear Maniac
Yeah, what about his mic? Vs the original? Manly Silver? I have a few good vocal mics but still haven't found that ONE!
Old 10th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyMountain View Post
Yeah, what about his mic? Vs the original? Manly Silver? I have a few good vocal mics but still haven't found that ONE!
I passed on the Tonelux and bought a pair of Silvers as they sound so good and I didn't hear an example of the Tonelux that impressed me yet.
Old 10th June 2020
Gear Maniac
Manley silver? How about the Sony c37?
Old 11th June 2020
Gear Nut

I’m gonna work on get a few samples up for people to hear. I’ve not used the silver so I can’t speak to that but I think with my still somewhat limited experience with it it may very well be my new favorite mic. So much so that I ordered another one.
Old 12th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I passed on the Tonelux and bought a pair of Silvers as they sound so good and I didn't hear an example of the Tonelux that impressed me yet.
Not to derail but please tell me more: smooth? Big?
Old 12th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
Not to derail but please tell me more: smooth? Big?
Very smooth but not a Sony clone. Check youtube, Manley have presence on there.
Old 30th June 2020
It's really strange that there aren't any demos up of the mic. You would think they would post some side by recordings with a C37a.
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydBeretta View Post
It's really strange that there aren't any demos up of the mic. You would think they would post some side by recordings with a C37a.
Yes, in a normal world.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear