The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Heritage Successor or WesAudio Dione for mixbus?
Old 2nd May 2020
Here for the gear
Heritage Successor or WesAudio Dione for mixbus?

Hello all, I did search for both over the forum and read most of the posts but still couldn't decide.

Does anyone has experience on both units could share some insight please?

Did you find the Successor has too much colour which makes it less versatile than Dione being on 2-bus on different material sometimes? Or the colour is just great on everything?

Thank you.
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

bump
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

I don't have both but do have the Heritage Audio Successor along with a few VCA SSL style compressors. Smart CL1A and TK Audio one. I really like the color of the Successor and I really like the side-chain options. Successor sounds great. Blend knob is extremely helpful from keeping the unit from being too colored. Successor can take a good amount of input level too. Of course the Smart is excellent too, but I use that on GTR busses and drum bus instead of the master bus. When I first got the Successor I actual didn't quite like it for drum bus, it just wasn't punchy enough like the Smart or the pair of Distressors I like to use on the drum bus.
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzenoir View Post
Hello all, I did search for both over the forum and read most of the posts but still couldn't decide.

Does anyone has experience on both units could share some insight please?

Did you find the Successor has too much colour which makes it less versatile than Dione being on 2-bus on different material sometimes? Or the colour is just great on everything?

Thank you.

I have both and both sound great on the 2bus.
I actually don't use my successor on the 2bus I use it on my drum bus.
I have the Dione on my 2bus. I love it its very versatile. I also have a Shadow Hills Vandergraph on my bus. When I need more weight on a song Ill use the Vandergraph. When Im looking for something more transparent then I go to the Dione
📝 Reply