The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
c800g buzzing/hum
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

c800g buzzing/hum

Hey guys, I've settled and purchased a Used C800G as Sony don't seem to be manufacturing anymore curently...

I've noticed a buzzing/humming sound after about 5 minutes of use. If I reset the PSU on and off from its switch, the buzzing goes for about another 5 minutes.

I've attached a file of what it sounds like when recording.

Could it be the tubes or something else?
Attached Files

Track 2_016.mp3 (172.5 KB, 318 views)

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfacex View Post
Hey guys, I've settled and purchased a Used C800G as Sony don't seem to be manufacturing anymore curently...

I've noticed a buzzing/humming sound after about 5 minutes of use. If I reset the PSU on and off from its switch, the buzzing goes for about another 5 minutes.

I've attached a file of what it sounds like when recording.

Could it be the tubes or something else?
Could barely hear it. Had to download the file and amplify 5-10 db in Audacity before it is really noticeable.
Not shure if it sounds more like a ground loop or proximity hum/buzz.

https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum/

Have you tried moving the power supply and microphone away from other electrical equipment or wireless devices?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1) Can't hear any audio from above file
2) Sony, technically, still makes the mic
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Sounds like a power issue.. I could be wrong tho
Old 4 weeks ago
I spoke with Sony at NAMM and they told me they are in the process of finalizing a new manufacturer run of the tubes for this mic and will be producing/repairing them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinebox Studio Services View Post
I spoke with Sony at NAMM and they told me they are in the process of finalizing a new manufacturer run of the tubes for this mic and will be producing/repairing them.
Good to know! Did they mention a time frame of some sort?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Yeah would be nice to know, ordered mine at August last year, my German dealer said that I would took 6-8 weeks...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

That’s funny, I heard from a reliable source they were definitely stopping production soon. Would be great to know they still have them in production
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Some People say it will be produced again, some say the production is over, a clear statement from Sony would be nice..
Waiting for the first Comparisons of these Mic seems to be a nice alternative ..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search