The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mix buss vari mu
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

mix buss vari mu

What you guys think Manley or igs tubecore 3u?

jus having hard time deciding since I can demo any of those..

thanks
Zmago Smon
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Stereo magic death eye
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thnx, Harare a bit out of my range, but it looks fantastic...plugin is stereo or mono?

thnx
Zmago
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmago Šmon View Post
What you guys think Manley or igs tubecore 3u?

jus having hard time deciding since I can demo any of those..

thanks
Zmago Smon

Manley for shure
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Retro Revolver!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaulR View Post
Retro Revolver!!!
Love the sound of it from the demos! Would be all over it if it had a bypass switch. The lack of one hasn’t been a problem for you?
Any problems with compatibility with other gear in your chain?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordpriest View Post
Love the sound of it from the demos! Would be all over it if it had a bypass switch. The lack of one hasn’t been a problem for you?
Any problems with compatibility with other gear in your chain?
My mix bus chain is SSL G Comp / Neve 33609n / Api 2500 and Maag EQ4M. I have bought my Retro Revolver and I am waiting for it to arrive, I will solve the lack of Bypass with a patchbay
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
My mix bus chain is SSL G Comp / Neve 33609n / Api 2500 and Maag EQ4M. I have bought my Retro Revolver and I am waiting for it to arrive, I will solve the lack of Bypass with a patchbay
A patchbay, huh?
That’s definitely another way to go.

Killer chain, by the way.

You’ll have all bases covered!

Enjoy!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
A patchbay, huh?
That’s definitely another way to go.

Killer chain, by the way.

You’ll have all bases covered!

Enjoy!
Without a doubt I am very happy with the results, if you ever want some audio to pass through this chain to see the results I will be delighted.

regards
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

thnx for all replies, any HCL Varis users here? How do they perform?

thnx
Z.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

IGS Tubecore is my preference of the two.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Without a doubt I am very happy with the results, if you ever want some audio to pass through this chain to see the results I will be delighted.

regards
Really? The 33609 is a particular favorite of mine in the plugin world. I would love to hear how my audio sound passing through such a high end chain, especially with the Retro Revolver in and out on the end of it.
Of course you still have to get things set up and tuned to your satisfaction. Let me know how we can do it and when you’re ready to proceed because it would be a great opportunity for me. Sending you a friend request to respond to at your convenience.

Thanks and best regards.

W
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The Thermionic Phoenix Master Plus is absolutely stunning on the mix bus and a fantastic vocal, bass and acoustic guitar tracking compressor.

It would be my preference over the Manley, Retro and Tubecore for the stereo mix bus if I could afford one, they're not cheap!

Definately one to add to your demo list if you can organise it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Can the Manley do mode 1 and 2 like on a Fairchild? Or ya know.. like on the Fairchild plugins.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just picked up a Tegeler Audio VariTube comp. Messed around with it for a short time but I really dig what it does on the 2 bus so far. Seems to clear up the image, So to speak.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
Just picked up a Tegeler Audio VariTube comp. Messed around with it for a short time but I really dig what it does on the 2 bus so far. Seems to clear up the image, So to speak.
That’s the one I’m Really interested in, especially considering the price. Been listening to the samples again and again and again. It sounds rather clean compared to the revolver, maybe not as 3D but it sounds beautiful. Don’t know if it’s too clean for me but I know for sure I don’t like the Manley sound.

Are the tubes on the Tegler plug and play, or do you have to go through the whole complicated deal of recalibrating everything when you change tubes? That’s the beauty about the Retro equipment. Just get new tubes, stick them in there and you’re done, ready to go
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
That’s the one I’m Really interested in, especially considering the price. Been listening to the samples again and again and again. It sounds rather clean compared to the revolver, maybe not as 3D but it sounds beautiful. Don’t know if it’s too clean for me but I know for sure I don’t like the Manley sound.

Are the tubes on the Tegler plug and play, or do you have to go through the whole complicated deal of recalibrating everything when you change tubes? That’s the beauty about the Retro equipment. Just get new tubes, stick them in there and you’re done, ready to go
That I'm not sure of. I'm reconfiguring my studio so I've connected it and ran some audio through it but haven't truly put it through some extensive testing yet. So far I really like it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
That I'm not sure of. I'm reconfiguring my studio so I've connected it and ran some audio through it but haven't truly put it through some extensive testing yet. So far I really like it.
Well, I hear it runs really cool for a tube unit so hopefully it’ll be a long time before you have to deal with that issue. Please keep us posted after you’ve put it through its paces. Enjoy!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

IGS Tubecore 3U landed in the rack yesterday.

Beautiful unit seriously built and very well packaged.

Tried different sources with it for several hours and there is absolutely nothing negative to be said about it so far imo.

It can be pretty fast and also does the slow compression thing marvelously.

Tried it on a modern club sounding mix (as I've often read here that varimus are no good at that) and was really happy with the results. It really glued the track nicely while keeping the punch intact and raising the overall loudness. Of course the wet/dry knob helps a lot in this scenario.

As it might have been mentioned before you gotta hit it with pretty hot signals to be in the good gain staging zone and so the output boost is pretty useless unless you're in mid-side mode.

I must admit that i don't have other hardware unit to directly compare it to so that is just my humble opinion but so far I'm a happy new user. Let''s see how those first feelings will evolve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search