The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best high-end monitors around 3-3500$? Focal, genelec, PMC, Hedd, Amphion
Old 13th January 2020
Here for the gear

Best high-end monitors around 3-3500$? Focal, genelec, PMC, Hedd, Amphion

New / second hand doesn't matter.. I want the best monitors for the price. Focal sm9 are high on the list. Are there better brands than focal in your opinion?

Best Regards,
Gearslut from Sweden ??
Old 15th January 2020
Genelec 8350 measure very well and go very loud very clean.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Nut
whats the application ? room size ?
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear

Barefoot Footprint series. If you’re in a smaller room out don’t need a lot of output level, the new Footprint 02 looks great and will come in under budget. For the $3500 range though, I think it’s hard to beat the Footprint 01.
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear

Can't answer the question on the internet.

What's the best flavor of ice cream? What's the best car?

It will depend on the style of music, power needed, how you hear, and also the room. How is the room treated [or not]? How close to the back wall are they? How big is the room? All of these things may change which set fits your purpose.

There are many contenders, and each one may be the "best" for different people. There may be several "best ones" for each person/ application as well.

The good news is everything in this price range is professional, and can be used as such.

For me - the Focal Trio 6 be's. Not looking for anything else for my situation/ space. If you look at Warren Huart's video on the Focal factory tour, my reasons are there, and also because they just work for me.
Old 31st January 2020
Here for the gear
Very happy with the Hedd Type 20 here. Also love that I can message them on facebook and they usually get back to me in a day or so... that a may change int he further when they grow, but for now its pretty cool lol. they told em they're coming out with a subwoofer this year
Old 31st January 2020
Gear Nut

There is no other way than trying them in your room, with your music and a little time. Monitor preference is highly dependent on your room, ears and genre.

Personally love the SM9, but I also love the Neumann 420, Geithain 930s and I just got a pair of Amphion 3LS for domestic listening. Amazing speakers, but you ears might hear differently.

What music do you make, what equipment do you use, how big is the room?!
Old 31st January 2020
Lives for gear

In your position I’d hunt out a pair of second hand Atc scm20asl.

Such a brilliant speaker. Miss it even though I own the 50asl. It just gives such a useful picture of the music. Something very fast and coherent about it.
Old 2nd August 2020
Here for the gear
Also looking for an upgrade from Genelec 8040 to something stronger in that budget Focal SM9 or Genelec 8350. I know Atc SCM20ASL great but it is a budget above.
Old 3rd August 2020
Gear Maniac

second hand Me Geithain
📝 Reply