The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?
Old 2nd January 2020
Lives for gear

What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?

A new year, a new chance to show off your spending abilities! The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to brag about!
Old 2nd January 2020
Day 1 of 2020:

-A second Metric Halo ULN8 for location recording
-Ram upgrade for location recording laptop
-Battery Replacement for office laptop

One of my resolutions was to buy less :(
Old 2nd January 2020
Here for the gear

A Behringer Pro-1, arrives next week
Old 2nd January 2020
Lives for gear
Hoping to pick up a used Hammond A101 in mint condition in the next week . From a guy who restores them and is super passionate about keeping the Hammond sound alive. Wants it used and recorded. Not collected.

I will keep y’all posted Hammond is mint with original tubes and very little use and pristine cosmetically Leslie is 1961 122 that’s beat up but 100% mechanically

Wish me luck
Old 3rd January 2020
Not too slutty, but have been doing more, and more mastering for vinyl, ..so just picked up a new Orbit Plus belt driven turntable, and stylus from uTurn to check test pressings on that replaces an older Techniques table. https://uturnaudio.com/collections/all
Attached Thumbnails
What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?-img_6688-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Waltz Mastering; 5th January 2020 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 4th January 2020
Lives for gear

Currently building a new computer for the studio. An i9 9900k based build.

Shooting to get win 10 installed tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?-609e76c6-8f02-456a-8b87-84a21587ea27.jpg  
Old 4th January 2020
Lives for gear

Sansamp 21 RBI rack mount for the studio.
Old 15th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
Sansamp 21 RBI rack mount for the studio.
Have you encountered a grounding hum from the XLR output? Some users have reported this as a problem. Asking because I’m considering getting one myself.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitney View Post
Have you encountered a grounding hum from the XLR output? Some users have reported this as a problem. Asking because I’m considering getting one myself.
Yes, there is noise, but I'm not convinced its a grounding issue . That was a bit of a put off for me until I figured out how to work with it's gain structure. The blend knob on the full setting takes things over the top with the noise/distortion i.e. what the Sansamp provides. So it may not be 60 cycle hum as much as extreme settings of the knobs. It also should not be near outboard that has large transformers as I did notice its susceptible to electro fields. Just a bit however.

After working with it for about 30 minutes I got really great sounds going into the DAW and the noise floor did not interfere. But I won't lie to you, it's not exactly a high fidelity unit, however, when you hit the sweet spot, it sounds almost finished recorded into the DAW and quicker results than I've been getting with other DIs including the REDDI and Groove Tubes brick which really surprised me. If you are willing to tweak it a bit, you can actually get impressive results.

Overall I'm pleased with the purchase it's a lot of bang for the buck.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear
1961. Hammond A101 and matching Leslie 122
Attached Thumbnails
What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?-93c30bd3-35df-4c24-89dd-e74320c17cd5.jpg   What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?-df5ee0a2-d7d1-4c70-8d1d-1e753dac8aab.jpg  
Old 15th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
Yes, there is noise, but I'm not convinced its a grounding issue . That was a bit of a put off for me until I figured out how to work with it's gain structure. The blend knob on the full setting takes things over the top with the noise/distortion i.e. what the Sansamp provides. So it may not be 60 cycle hum as much as extreme settings of the knobs. It also should not be near outboard that has large transformers as I did notice its susceptible to electro fields. Just a bit however.

After working with it for about 30 minutes I got really great sounds going into the DAW and the noise floor did not interfere. But I won't lie to you, it's not exactly a high fidelity unit, however, when you hit the sweet spot, it sounds almost finished recorded into the DAW and quicker results than I've been getting with other DIs including the REDDI and Groove Tubes brick which really surprised me. If you are willing to tweak it a bit, you can actually get impressive results.

Overall I'm pleased with the purchase it's a lot of bang for the buck.
Much appreciated. I think I'll give it a try and plan to remove the noise with Izotope Rx like with every other noisy piece of gear.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitney View Post
Much appreciated. I think I'll give it a try and plan to remove the noise with Izotope Rx like with every other noisy piece of gear.
Tech support reached out and suggested the ground lift option outlined in the manual. That's an option.
Old 21st January 2020
Gear Addict
I just purchased my Neve MBP which will now complete my mastering chain
Old 27th January 2020
I have just bought and I'm waiting for an IGS Springtime and a Benson Tall Bird Studio. You can never have enough classy analogue reverbs....
Check my drums:
Old 27th January 2020
DRUMS!

Starting the year off slow on gear, party because I have plenty as it is, partly because a car wreck totaling my car messes everything up, but I snagged an early 1950's Gretsch 22x14 bass drum to go along with my 60's kit that has a 20x14.

(everyone is okay from car wreck, lady ran a red so insurance is fun...but people are all fine and new car is an upgrade!)
Attached Thumbnails
What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?-img_7947.jpg   What slutty things did you buy in the year 2020?-img_7949.jpg  
Old 27th January 2020
Lives for gear

Not much so far. A Royer ribbon microphone, LDC microphone, 2 tube preamps, 2 mic chassis and circuits.
Old 27th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Lawson View Post
Not much so far. A Royer ribbon microphone, LDC microphone, 2 tube preamps, 2 mic chassis and circuits.
Which tube pre's?
Old 27th January 2020
Gear Addict

JCF AD8.

Need to save some money for its sibling the DA8-T
Old 27th January 2020
Lives for gear

One RME MADI Routeur, another RME XTC and 2 more Neumann M150, ordered to be matched with the 3 I already have...
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Which tube pre's?

PreSonus BlueTube DP Version 2 and Art Tube MP. The Art Tube MP seems identical to the Beheringer Mic 100. The PreSonus sounds better but the Art Tube MP is decent anyway.
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
PreSonus BlueTube DP Version 2 and Art Tube MP. The Art Tube MP seems identical to the Beheringer Mic 100. The PreSonus sounds better but the Art Tube MP is decent anyway.
I used to own an Art Tube MP and cut some very nice vocals with it.

I considered it add something of a bargain, I've never tried the Personus though.
Old 28th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
I used to own an Art Tube MP and cut some very nice vocals with it.

I considered it add something of a bargain, I've never tried the Personus though.
I failed to put the Berhinger into the proper perspective. The Berhinger is a copy of the Art Tube.
Old 29th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Bricasti Design M7 Reverb
Royer Labs R-10 Ribbon mic
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Grimm CC1 clock
2x Apogee DA16x
1x Apogee AD16x
Burl B 32 Vancuver
Analogue Addicts Pultec stereo
Tascam DA 3000
Monitor controller 2400 audio

to come

Heritage audio successor
Tegeler Schwerkraftmaschine
High Voltage Audio HVA-4K Stereo Bus Compressor +EQ-6S Stereo Equalizer
Grimm TPR cable to hook it all up
4 x Euphonix mc mix

I ve had it with ITB

Best
Z.
Old 31st January 2020
Quote:
I thought you said you got some tube pre's? Check out Coil or Requisite.....
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I have just bought and I'm waiting for an IGS Springtime and a Benson Tall Bird Studio. You can never have enough classy analogue reverbs....
Check my drums:
That Benson spring reverb looks sweet! I hope they decide to produce more
Old 1st February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhead57 View Post
That Benson spring reverb looks sweet! I hope they decide to produce more
It sounds amazing! Like a big dark blanket of beauty.
Old 2nd February 2020
1. Mytek 8x192 ADDA (love it)

2. API lunchbox stacked with 6 CAPI FD 312 Heider preamps (insane sounding)

3. 2 X AML ez1073pre 500 series DIY preamp kits (completed and sound amazing)

4. Bock 407/47 microphone, used great deal, sounds amazing, great buy

5. I am now auditioning a pair of Proac Studio 100 monitors which belong to a friend. They are also incredible and will probably have to stay.

Here's to 2020!

Cheers.
Old 2nd February 2020
A second Amtec 099 which is a killer 660 style compressor.
Old 2nd February 2020
Schitt Wyrd. It's a LM723 based linear power supply for USB devices like my Project Audio S2 DAC's and Tascam DR-70. Very clean power supply with some current. It makes those devices sound deeper in the bass compared to the switching wall worts. Only $49 from:
www.schitt.com
📝 Reply