Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Hey Mike 2
Old 29th October 2002
Lives for gear

Hey Mike 2

Hi Mike...

From one 'neve slut' to another 'Helios Slut'.... are you willing to sell your soul for this rack?..... or is u all helios'd out?

BTW there seems to be quite a few Helios consoles around for sale at the moment.... why would that be?.. i thought they were mean to be the fantasy island option instead of neves... im not sure why connsiouers have not snapped them up.. specifically the ISLAND helios which is for sale and has SO much ROCK history ingrained with in it!

I would kill for some modules but there seems to be so many different types and they are not nearly as well documented as to what theyare and how they sound, compared to Neves etc.

Old 29th October 2002
member no 666

Re: Hey Mike 2

Originally posted by Wiggy Neve Slut

specifically the ISLAND helios which is for sale and has SO much ROCK history ingrained with in it!
There were many "Island" Helios desks, from many "Island" studios. There were more than a few "Island" desks, many of them looked similar to the bits in the auction.

I find it amusing that they left the fader, aux send, and assignment buss section on the modules... most folks I know cut that part out to save on space.

And so it goes...
Old 29th October 2002
Gear Guru

There seems to be several 'Who' desks as well.
Either there are 3 in NY studios or the same console has resided at 3 different locations and they haven't updated their studio inventory...accidentally on purpose.
Anyway, I'm extremely interested in this topic also.
The Ebay Helios modules are stupidly expensive but they look in pristine condition and are nicely racked. The going rate for a single module from a dealer is nearly $2,000.
Part of the appeal of Helios IMO is that almost all consoles have (or claim to have) a celebrity past.
I've heard recently that some Raindirk consoles share a lot of characteristics and sound quality with Helios. Can anyone confirm?
Old 29th October 2002
Gear Guru

Very interesting!!!
....said in the best Gestapo interrogators accent.
I was just browsing through my Vintage King latest price list. Lo and behold...
8 x Helios long black MicPre/Eq's in Boutique rack.
The picture looks like an identical unit (apart from different location).
Now I don't think VK is the cheapest, I hope they wont mind me saying that.
So what gives.....
Dealer: $18,000
Private sale: $25,000
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search