The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
High end monitors for home hifi use
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I assume this means you don't want me to respond, thereby allowing your remarks to go unchallenged. Sorry, but this is a Forum, I haven't insulted you, and I wish to respond.
I'm not sorry, but I'm truly tired of every johnny-come-lately on the internet who believes their own opinions hold some weight. Whether it be on social media or forums like this... The thing that irks me most about people who aren't particularly bright, or who lack common sense, is that they really don't realise it. They always think they're the voice of absolute reason.

How about, he made that statement because he couldn't be bothered to engage you in your nonsense, and he doesn't have the time or energy - no sensible person would.

Understand this; after a certain price point, you get to the point of diminishing returns. But, as they say; a fool and his money...

And I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Have at it, if you please. After all, this is a forum and even those who lack rationale have opinions and are allowed to share them.
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile View Post
I'm not sorry, but I'm truly tired of every johnny-come-lately on the internet who believes their own opinions hold some weight. Whether it be on social media or forums like this... The thing that irks me most about people who aren't particularly bright, or who lack common sense, is that they really don't realise it. They always think they're the voice of absolute reason.

How about, he made that statement because he couldn't be bothered to engage you in your nonsense, and he doesn't have the time or energy - no sensible person would.

Understand this; after a certain price point, you get to the point of diminishing returns. But, as they say; a fool and his money...

And I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Have at it, if you please. After all, this is a forum and even those who lack rationale have opinions and are allowed to share them.
Well, I guess recommending the mm12's must be nonsense, or you wouldn't be saying it. But please be patient with an ignoramus and tell me exactly how it is nonsense.
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Nut

I love it when Big Vocabulary Sales guy gets all bent out of shape. What productions are you doing anyway? Mercenary sunk and now you sling products for Parsons. Bet they don’t sell Barefoot gear.

Manor and condusive?

Thesaurus app not working today I guess.
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
It is truly sad.....a guy calling $8000 pair passive speakers a "toy"...is all you need to qualify his statements. All I said was I would love using them in my listening room. Because I find them totally honest and completely transparent. In a very refreshing way.

For Production, they are stellar. I can easily hear all the choices I am making.

But, still a choice I would make in my home setup in -- less than 1 second.

I would enjoy them.

The fact that Mr. Galt would compare them to those Monster Barefeet Uber Hype machines, is simply laughable. They are designed in a totally different manor, condusive to a different result.

Compare things all you want. Just don't cry like a baby when you get called on Hype and Fluff.
Well, I read over my post and I can't detect anything that remotely resembles crying like a baby but perhaps you're just projecting your state of mind onto me.

But to get to some more salient points (and I hope the word "salient" is translatable, or do you need to consult a dictionary first?), I never called the L-707 unequivocally (dictionary, please!) a "toy". I said it sounds like a toy compared to the mm-12. Compared to most passive speakers it sounds comparatively un-toy like. And actually I recall when the Lipinski first came out and was hyped to Blue Heaven one veteran poster dismissed their sound with the comment that they sounded tiny (i.e. toy-like) by comparison with the other monitors they were auditioning. So I'm not alone in thinking this.

And as for the "laughable" notion of actually comparing the Lipinski's to the mm12's, I'd imagine the vast majority of people who have had extensive experience with both would come out in favour of the Barefoot. Not that a show of hands proves anything real but it does indicate that I'm not totally leftfield in my opinion, as you're clearly implying.

I've tried not to be snarky but your infantile spelling errors demonstrate clearly why you consider my very clear and precise posts to be "untranslatable". You simply had no comprehension of what I was saying.
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Head

Further to my comments on the veteran poster who adversely commented years ago on the L-707 I have tracked down the quote. It came from "The Thrill Factor" who commented:

I didn't think they were that great when i first tried them out.

I have the Dunlavy SM1's which they are based on.

The SM1's go down further and have much more fuller sound.

The 707's in comparison sounded small.

Next to the Duntech Sovereign's over at the now extinct Hit Factory Mastering they sounded like toys. heh

I must have recalled this subliminally when I said the l-707 sounded like a toy compared to the mm-12. He went on to say:

Lipinski based his whole design of the 707 around the SM1.

I've taken one apart just for kicks(to see how close they were).

I still would not recommend them for mastering.

I prefer an all in one speaker than 2 seperate units.

Everyone of the mastering guys at the time thought they were more hype than SUBSTANCE.

They were so dissapointing that a bunch of the them were left in the boxes.

I wouldn't be surprised if after everything went down they were given away.

So maybe I'm not crazy after all!
Old 13th December 2019
Lives for gear

Tyler Acoustics would be worth looking into, especially for the kind of music you’re into.

They are extremely detailed throughout the spectrum, have super detailed bass and many of the large models reach down to 20 Hz. You won’t need subs.

Many mastering engineers are using the decade series, which is what I have, but I really want to hear their new Halo series which has sealed cabinets.
Old 13th December 2019
Lives for gear

Wives and room acoustics seem to be linked, cant change one without changing the other

What monitors can convince my wife we need acoustic treatment?

These are the real questions!

Ps. Whenever this comes up, I remember the time I was talking to an engineer, he said he could design the worlds most accurate classical music monitors but the problem is nobody wants to install 60 of them in a semicircle around their couch so why bother

PPs. Did op upgrade? Wondering if the spendy studio monitors in an untreated room made any diff.

Meanwhile, let me just play some Youtube tunes thru my smartphone speaker. Ahhh...its like am radio but without all the high falootin quality / fidelity.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search