The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Proac 100 and sub crossover settings?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Proac 100 and sub crossover settings?

Hi folks! I have my dear proac's w a new bryston system and a regular sub. Low pass filter on the sub starts at 80, but the lowest the proac go are 40. I know there's a fancy formula to figure out crossover but it does not seem to apply to this situation. Any leads on what to set it the sub at?

Things are sounding ok right now but i feel im getting some slight crossover not super happy frequencies.

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Bob Kat's take on aligning
https://www.digido.com/ufaqs/subwoofer-calibration/

Since then he has turned to Audio Vero's Acourate to do the mains-subs integration
I have done so to with stunning results
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

well...

subs (in a studio) are about two things: to extend fr but also to even out room modes.

if you have a single sub, put it in a front corner (for optimum loading) for a start - if you can't make sure you put it sideways so to woofer gets as close as possible to the front wall (for too many reasons to mention).

of course measuring will tell you where you can get the best results! for optimum results, imo dsp is pretty much mandatory but there is no single trick (setting) which does it all: could well be that you'll want to change x-over settings depending on positioning...

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniq...t-control-room

maybe better to post in the acoustics/studio building forum and provide measurements...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search