The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elysia MusEQ Owners
Old 5 days ago
Elysia MusEQ Owners

How hot does this unit get? Anyone using one without a free space above?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

It gets super hot - like you can cook an egg on it hot. And that's perfectly normal.

I was advised by the guys at Elysia when I purchased mine to not only leave a space above, but below as well. It does have vents on top and bottom. And it does get super hot on top and bottom. It runs on high voltage rails - +-30 volt I believe so that's a lot of heat to give off.

That being said, definitely leave a space on top at least. On bottom too if you can spare the room. Knowing how hot that unit gets, I cringe badly every time I see a photo of one jammed in a rack with gear right on top and bottom. Or a used one for sale with rack rash, knowing that the circuit boards have been cooking for who knows how many years.

Phenomenal unit though. I've had mine years and it completely ruined me for other EQs. It's the only EQ I use these days.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search