The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Inward Connections gone???
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Inward Connections gone???

I was recently looking into buying a pair of Inward Connections Brute's and it seems as though IC is gone? They no longer have a website and I don't see any retailers selling any of their equipment anymore (besides a few clearance items). What happened?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Business was too brutal on them.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

they're also the tree audio guys though , ya?

maybe they're 500 series opto is similar to the brute.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I saw that too! The Brute was listed as “no longer available” on multiple sites
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

so are they closed for good? does anyone know why?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I’m not sure about the state of IC, but Tree Audio told me that the new Tree L/C 1 is identical to the Brute except that it adds a ratio control. Steve Firlotte designed both.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Just had an email exchange w Steve this month about a replacement set of tubes for my TSL-4, so he's alive and well and helpful as ever. FYI.
Old 1 week ago
UGP
Gear Nut

I saw Steve a few weeks ago. Not sure what is going on with IC but you could ask him; he was focused on Tree Audio orders at the time. In our conversation he told me he has no plans for retirement as he truly enjoys his work and is very passionate about it!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think Steve and IC have found a wonderful opportunity with Tree Audio. Now that TA has released a line of 500 series EQ and Compressors and Tree Audio has started building their consoles with the option of 500 series slots.

Wishing IC and Tree Audio a long and creative future together!

Pat
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Lol I thought I was nuts - it went from Brutes and Brute IIs all over reverb one day to nothing the next as if they never existed. I was gonna post asking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentA View Post
I’m not sure about the state of IC, but Tree Audio told me that the new Tree L/C 1 is identical to the Brute except that it adds a ratio control. Steve Firlotte designed both.
Along with a nice price bump. It's like when a diner gets new menus.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Fishy
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
I hope Tree Audio reissue the vac rac 4000. The pre and comp in that system are fantastic.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I hope I'm recalling this conversation accurately: Steve told me that he and Ian are no longer doing Inward Connections gear, and all efforts are going into the Tree Audio brand. They have so far released the following 500 products.

https://www.treeaudio.com/500-series-modules
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblair View Post
I hope I'm recalling this conversation accurately: Steve told me that he and Ian are no longer doing Inward Connections gear, and all efforts are going into the Tree Audio brand. They have so far released the following 500 products.

https://www.treeaudio.com/500-series-modules
Too bad. I have a TSL-4V...great unit...and the service I have gotten from Steve was exemplary.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralpen View Post
Too bad. I have a TSL-4V...great unit...and the service I have gotten from Steve was exemplary.
He still services anything he’s ever built.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Inward Connections

I own pieces of IC gear and have had talks with Steve Firlotte on a few occasions. His build quality is old school they don’t make them like they used to good!

His customer service is excellent as well as his designs. I really would like to see IC continue as a company.

I have an early Inward Connections Discrete Master Section that is built right and is perfect for monitoring and running sessions.

I hope all is well with him.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Have any pictures of that master section? sounds awesome.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glymur View Post
Have any pictures of that master section? sounds awesome.
It’s the first unit under the furman power supply in the rack.

Its basically the master section of a Discrete Console with added features, control multiple sets of monitors, switches between multiple stereo sources, pop a sub in and out, talkback, headphone amp, stereo Aux send & return, and more.

It’s great for doing session where I don’t want to turn on the console and 5 racks of gear. I use it as a master section to my summing mixers and when mixing ITB. I was using it to monitor my console in place of the consoles master section but ever since I put spa 690 Opamps in the console the master section is just fine. Previously too colored.

It’s built like a tank Heavy! With an external power supply, relayed illuminated switches, just done right.

As long as I’m mixing, monitoring, and listening to music I will have this piece it’s very accurate, I know what it does, and it doesn’t color the sound.
Attached Thumbnails
Inward Connections gone???-91a5f596-f527-488e-a936-e7657d718cf8.jpg   Inward Connections gone???-02144cad-4e50-4d0b-a37e-78e81ca0c1fc.jpg   Inward Connections gone???-7a2b5a8a-8746-47df-a82c-8cd5219e575f.jpg   Inward Connections gone???-ac911248-9e02-44d6-b54a-c3d52a3d2978.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search