The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Manley ELOP+
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Manley ELOP+

Does anyone own both ELOP+ and the original UA LA 2a and would be soooo kind to share some A-B audio test comparing the two units?
I’m looking for an opto comp to use in tracking most, but can’t go for the original LA-2a. The Manley seems to be a nice piece, but I cannot find too much about it.

Hope in a kind answers!

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I can't help with a direct comparison as I sold my LA-2a about five years ago. But I just purchased the Manley ELOP+ and think it's a great unit. I've only used it on vocals so far, but it puts them front and center without ever hearing the compression/limiting working...very smooth sounding, I'm very happy with my purchase.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin*Gio View Post
I can't help with a direct comparison as I sold my LA-2a about five years ago. But I just purchased the Manley ELOP+ and think it's a great unit. I've only used it on vocals so far, but it puts them front and center without ever hearing the compression/limiting working...very smooth sounding, I'm very happy with my purchase.
Great. Thank you. Do you think it’s an useful comp? I mean.. From the only audio source I found about it, its work seems to shine on mid and high freq, so I don’t know if it can be a pro or a con, since I would like to use it on vox as bass. Even on drums I’m pretty curious too.. Would you share here your opinion once you’ll use it on drums, bass, mix bus or any applications?
Thank you so much!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Anyone own the Elop+ and wanna share some opinions about it?
Old 2 weeks ago
It’s a very flexible comp for general usage. I don’t agree with it being only for mids or highs frequency based sources. It works great on synth bass and bass guitar. It’s got a color, but is cleaner than an la-2a. Works nicely and is easy to use on voxs, acoustic guitar, overheads etc. It wouldn’t be my first choice on close drum mics or really aggressive source material.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
It’s a very flexible comp for general usage. I don’t agree with it being only for mids or highs frequency based sources. It works great on synth bass and bass guitar. It’s got a color, but is cleaner than an la-2a. Works nicely and is easy to use on voxs, acoustic guitar, overheads etc. It wouldn’t be my first choice on close drum mics or really aggressive source material.
Thank you! I’m so curious hear it on bass

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search