The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avalon 737 No signal / Meter Problem
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Avalon 737 No signal / Meter Problem

Hi , I have a question.
I have a avalon 737 but suddenly i got no signal through the mic. ( se gemini 2 )
Also the vu meter pops at +3db , and when i press it - 20db.
When i hook the cable on the avalon via output back to the input on my soundcard then my input shows a signal that wont leave the soundcard.
I recieve the signal in my daw but not on the avalon....
Do you are familiar with this problem ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Also I get no signal when running the mic straight in 2 the Avalon 737....
When I connect the input of the Avalon to the output of my soundcard things start to hissing (noise)
Had this something do to with the phantom power of my mic ? (se gemini 2)
It seems like it need 2 repair because no matter what I do I don't get any signal ? maybe I bad power cable or a bad cable ?
Please some advise guys.

Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi Guys,
So i wanna replace the tubes instead , do i need to buy these ? https://m.thomann.de/nl/avalon_st4.htm

Or are these the same thing but alot cheaper

https://www.tonefactory.nl/eh-6922-e...yABEgJiAvD_BwE

Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Why not check with Avalon to get their read on which 6922s do best? Reliable tube sources I use are mcshanedesign.net (Jim McShane) and upscaleaudio.com (Kevin Deal). 6922s vary from pretty cheap to almost $400, though I see that Kevin Deal will not sell NOS tubes for pro audio applications, and I bet he has a good reason. I'd probably go with Avalon's recommendation - their gear is only as good as the tubes they put in it.

You can buy untested tubes, or pay a little more to get tubes that have had at least some level of testing. No amount of testing ever improved a tube, but sometimes it flags tubes that don't measure up.

WW

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search