The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ga47 - Light Weight? - Lighter than the ga251!?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Ga47 - Light Weight? - Lighter than the ga251!?

Hey!

I just received my "golden age ga47 extended" and it looks beautiful but when I picked it up I got really surprised by the weight. It's really light actually! Feels like a shell.. Therefore my question, are your ga47 really light too?

I have a ga251 too and that mic weights more than the ga47 extended even if the ga47 is MUCH bigger which is really weird. What do you guys think? Are some of these mics just really light because of the inside or what do you think this could be?

Best Regards
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, mine felt on the lighter side too, compared to my Wunder.

I get how that weight may subliminally translate into some notion of quality, but practically speaking, I like that it’s on the lighter side, as long as it doesn’t impact the sound, which, as far as I know, it doesn’t.

Fabulous, fabulous sounding mic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneon View Post
Hey!

I just received my "golden age ga47 extended" and it looks beautiful but when I picked it up I got really surprised by the weight. It's really light actually! Feels like a shell.. Therefore my question, are your ga47 really light too?

I have a ga251 too and that mic weights more than the ga47 extended even if the ga47 is MUCH bigger which is really weird. What do you guys think? Are some of these mics just really light because of the inside or what do you think this could be?

Best Regards

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search