The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Talk to me about your Fat Bustard
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro View Post
Hello,
Isn't it overkilled to purchase a Fat Bustard when you already got a Thermionic Phoenix compressor and already use it on individual track, stems, and on the master
I mean that might cause too much tube distorsion.
Thanks for sharing your experience
Regards
Sergio
I think there may be a misconception that Thermionic Culture's gear in general is all about distortion when, in reality, outside of their Vultures, it brings effortless boosts, cuts, transparent compression and fast amplification that adds a open life, depth and dimension to things immediately, far before you even think about cranking the gain or flipping an Attitude switch. Their pieces are really special. I treat 'em like Pokemon at this point.

I'm using a Phoenix and Swift after the Little Red Bustard and there isn't too much of anything, honestly. The Phoenix's tube distortion doesn't really appear for me unless I have its gain set at around 8 or 9 out of 11 and the distortion that does present itself isn't ratty, hairy, spitty or any other kind of outward 'frayed' distortion. Instead it's this kind of classy inward 'crumple' that gives things body without the bloating... I haven't heard anything like it elsewhere.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripripstabstab View Post
I think there may be a misconception that Thermionic Culture's gear in general is all about distortion when, in reality, outside of their Vultures, it brings effortless boosts, cuts, transparent compression and fast amplification that adds a open life, depth and dimension to things immediately, far before you even think about cranking the gain or flipping an Attitude switch. Their pieces are really special. I treat 'em like Pokemon at this point.

I'm using a Phoenix and Swift after the Little Red Bustard and there isn't too much of anything, honestly. The Phoenix's tube distortion doesn't really appear for me unless I have its gain set at around 8 or 9 out of 11 and the distortion that does present itself isn't ratty, hairy, spitty or any other kind of outward 'frayed' distortion. Instead it's this kind of classy inward 'crumple' that gives things body without the bloating... I haven't heard anything like it elsewhere.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Do you feel like the Bustard bring you a real improvement in the sound quality of your music?
Thanks
Sergio

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search