The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Heiserman H47tube.....first thoughts.
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

I've been happy for sometime using a TLM-170R (I've got 3) as my personal vocal mic. If anyone has or gets an H-47 on the central west coast, I'd love to hear it in person. Maybe I can trade you something for your time.
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
Ok, so I did a thing . . . a comparison video/recording session of the Heiserman 47 tube microphone with each of the HK47 and HM7 capsules against a U67 with a Telefunken EF806S tube in it.
The talent singing is Canadian up and coming pop singer Peter Fewer. In the vein of Sean Mendes, Ed Sheeran and similar.
Each recording/video is as unprocessed as possible, and I will send the raw vocal files to anyone who really wants them, they are also available from Matt Mitchell at @ Heiserman .

First up: Heiserman 47 mic M7 capsule into a vintage Focusrite Red 6 preamp. No EQ, no Compression.
https://youtu.be/SJg-aNb10Uo

Second: Heiserman 47 mic K47 capsule into another Focusrite Red6 pre, no EQ, no compression.
https://youtu.be/WbITYPuuc_8

Third, control video: Neumann U67 EF806S tube into another Focusrite Red6 pre, no EQ, no compression.
https://youtu.be/krvWZBumwA8
Thanks for sharing, great comparison. Wonderful voice and song.

What plate is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
K47/M7/U67 in that order, for that song/key IMHO.
+1 Beautiful voice/song!
Chris
Agree with this order of preference. All sound great though!
Old 3rd August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Thanks for sharing, great comparison. Wonderful voice and song.

What plate is it?
Just an EMT 140 emulator plug-in with Real Verb. Old, but I still like it on vocals. And yes, the cloudiness is pointed out to me, in a mix I would EQ it.

Quote:
Agree with this order of preference. All sound great though!
The K47 capsule captures more grit which adds a nice edge to his early-20s voice. The M7 is silky - probably a good choice on a voice you would wish to tame and take years off of. The U67 is what I used on his record.

Either way, Heiserman has a microphone here that holds its own against all comers.
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Head

This is a long shot, but is there anyone who owns or has owned both the H47 tube and the Bock 47 have any thoughts about how the two compare?
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Hopefully not such a long shot... but does anyone in the U.K. have one of these? I’d be very grateful to know shipping/import duties if you wouldn’t mind sharing
Old 9th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh Raval View Post
Hopefully not such a long shot... but does anyone in the U.K. have one of these? I’d be very grateful to know shipping/import duties if you wouldn’t mind sharing
Since the US has a trade agreement in place with the UK, wouldn't it only be your 20% Value Added Tax, payable upon delivery? (hey, it's been a while, things may have changed over there).

I think the threshold for higher taxes and/or duties is $2500USD. When I have bought gear from the UK and had it shipped over, that was the threshold.
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
We have sent mics to the UK and from what I've heard it's just been 20% VAT. For international orders, I recommend choosing DHL Express or USPS Express at checkout because they shouldn't be charging any brokerage fees. Feel free to send us an email if you have any shipping concerns: [email protected]
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleida View Post
This is a long shot, but is there anyone who owns or has owned both the H47 tube and the Bock 47 have any thoughts about how the two compare?
Thanks for your interest! Send me an email at [email protected] -- I have some info and possibly some files I can share.
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
Since the US has a trade agreement in place with the UK, wouldn't it only be your 20% Value Added Tax, payable upon delivery? (hey, it's been a while, things may have changed over there).

I think the threshold for higher taxes and/or duties is $2500USD. When I have bought gear from the UK and had it shipped over, that was the threshold.
Thanks @ Ward Pike for your help! When I last bought gear from the US, I think it worked out on average 22% above advertised price when you include shipping & import duties etc. I was just trying to get a feel for the actual price I’d pay vs. other U47 type mics I could get direct from my usual dealer.
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiserman View Post
We have sent mics to the UK and from what I've heard it's just been 20% VAT. For international orders, I recommend choosing DHL Express or USPS Express at checkout because they shouldn't be charging any brokerage fees. Feel free to send us an email if you have any shipping concerns: [email protected]
Thanks very much for the info, I’ll take a look at shipping costs through your website, and if I have any further questions, I’ll drop you an email
Old 10th August 2020
Quote:
Thanks @ Ward Pike for your help! When I last bought gear from the US, I think it worked out on average 22% above advertised price when you include shipping & import duties etc. I was just trying to get a feel for the actual price I’d pay vs. other U47 type mics I could get direct from my usual dealer.
Happy to help, brother. I have three Heiserman U47s (2 fets and 1 choob with both headbaskets) and can't wait to get some 19s!

Great microphones. Really great.
📝 Reply