The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SAJE mixing consoles anyone?
Old 14th March 2004
Gear Nut

SAJE mixing consoles anyone?

Hi everyone

We are looking for a big mixing console, and someone has a raindirk symphony LM 2 for sale, but its more of a post production console with no mic pre amps

so he said he will be getting a SAJE ULN MK2 in two weeks
I do not know this brand or console, but he claims that it's in the Neve, SSL range of quality

It's a 48 channel mixer with onboard dynamics, a bit like the neve VR

It is made in france in the end of the 80's

does anyone know this board or brand and can help me with some info

here is a picture of the board

Thanx

MAarten
Attached Thumbnails
SAJE mixing consoles anyone?-sajeuln.jpg  
Old 15th March 2004
Gear Head

It's a very nice console and it sounds fantastic.
Good preamps and eq.
There's a studio in my town that had one ,and the owner told me that some Neve guys designed the console .
Old 15th March 2004
Lives for gear

i believe they used to be called by the parent company name...Schlumberger (sp)...never to be found anywhere but europe
Old 15th March 2004
Lives for gear

I know 2 studio's here in Belgium that have 'em.

One is at Kick Backline in Aarschot and the other one is in Mol. Both desks are actually related since they come from the same place in France. Brought over here by a good friend of mine.... Art Sound Studio in Helchteren... he assembled / repaired them.

I know almost for sure the tech at Kick Backline has done some mods to their Saje desk too ... you might wanna get in touch with them.

Actually ... that picture looks like it was taken at Art Sound ... not sure but damn well looks like it.

Anyhow.... drop me a PM if you need info on how to contact those guys.
Old 6th December 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede
It's a very nice console and it sounds fantastic.
Good preamps and eq.
There's a studio in my town that had one ,and the owner told me that some Neve guys designed the console .
Saje was created by a french cooker(???!!!) and a pure genius" ing" name Philippe Moreau
He does the maintenance of all the sajes
Old 7th December 2005
Lives for gear

I can only speak about one of these consoles: the channels are fine...the mixbus is another story...just not enough headroom. A bit too squashed (without mixbus comp, that is).
Old 7th December 2005
Lives for gear

But that is most likely the story of one console in particular, and doesn't necessarily imply the others have similar issues.
All The Best,
Old 9th December 2005
Here for the gear

saje uln

I once was a trainee at a studio in paris where there was a SAJE ULN MK 2 and yes indeed it was designed as a copy of a SSL 4000 at least ergonomicaly.
as with all large format desks you must be carefull with the maintenance part.

it was a music studio with two otaris MTR 90s and a big room...

(about 7m * 9m with 7 m ceilings) they did a lot of acoustic recording and were cvery happy with the desk. they did not have any outboard preamps or eq. they had outboard compressors and effects.

they had a few problemes with switches but that can be the case ith many desks, like neve and ssls... if you don't have good ventilation and steady temperature

SAJE have a modular construction so they are easy to repair and clean up. Some modules may have contact problems ... it is much simpler than a Neve ( i love neves by the way!) but not like an ssl where you haev one big motherboard.

type SAJE on google.fr

yo'll find more info

there are a few recording studios running in paris that still use the SAJE ULN.

the one i knew had an optifile automation
the studio was Studio montmartre (closed since 1999 i think !)

i'll try to find the name of that studio in the center of paris that has one

never heard that neve had anything to do with saje

saje also created one of the first recallable live sound desk
the SAJE MEMORY

etc...

another french brand is LAFONT

jacques obadia
Old 12th February 2007
Here for the gear

Bonjour, Jacques
Le Studio en question est "Stakato" rue des déchargeurs dans le 1er ULN MARK I est sortie 2 ans avant la 1er SSL, un mystère ou un hold-up ?
Old 10th September 2009
Saje Racky Info

Here a few pics:

Please help!

cheers
chrizzle from austria

Last edited by chrizzle; 10th September 2009 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: picture upload
Old 10th September 2009
by uploading, i deleted my post from before....

Does anyone know this console?
Can anybody help with the multipin connectors on the back (they seem to be for the stereo line ins)

Desk is called SAJE RACKY

8 Mic & 8 Line & 4 Stereoline
2Aux
LP&HP Filter
2Band EQ
Osc, Ctrlroom, Master-Limiter

thx
chrizzle
Old 11th September 2009
Gear Nut

I had worked several times with a SAJE ULN MK2 (in a combo with one Studer A800MKIII and a great colection of classic mics and compressors)
This console is not at the same sonic level than Neve VR or SSl 4000 nor the Raindirk LN (much better console than the SAJE)
the SAJE console had a lot of maintenence problems.
Old 11th September 2009
Thanks for the info!

Is anybody here who may help me with the connectors?
Or an adress for service material?

Thx
christoph
Old 14th October 2010
Lives for gear

Older topic but I have some spare parts for SAJE and a 80 channel desk (which we converted to 64 because 80 was simply too much for our little studio. Considering my room is too small and the 80-channel SAJE is simply overkill for the room I will have to sell it. (What good is a studio where the console eats up 70% of the space so you can't even move around??)

I had a technician completely recap all EQ boards with tantalum caps (they are used in satellites and other military equipment and never need to be replaced anymore). He also improved the design: The EQ response is now +30dB instead of 12. We placed Burr-Bown op-amps everywhere on the master section (aux, amps, everything except the headphone cue's :-) ).

The console sounds better than any SAJE, ever. He also replaced the lamps with LED variants so they won't break anymore the next years. There are many spare parts included so if anyone wants to buy it, please mail me at

[email protected].

PS: I am also interested in a swap with another, smaller desk + some cash.
The Saje is very very good but unfortunately I made a measuring mistake and it turned out too large for me....
Kind regards
Lorenzo.
Old 11th November 2014
Here for the gear

Saje memory 48IN/16OUT

I bought an old mixing console french brand "SAJE MEMORY". But it has failed. I seek any information possible on this console. drawings, documents, maps, help
Thank's in advance for all help.

Eric DOCTEUR - LE HAVRE - FRANCE

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search