The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SSL Fusion
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

SSL Fusion

Hello guys I have a question,

Selling my D-Box and get the SSL Fusion? or keep it?

The point is, I bought the d-box years ago and I really like the monitoring section but the summing is not that "wow" yes I have a little more deep, but is very subtle, in other hand all the videos and reviews about the ssl fusion are sick. So what do you think?., Also if I sell it the presonus central station is a good replacement for the monitoring section?

Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Well...
Tbh I suggest keeping the dbox and use it in conjunction with the fusion because the fusion really brings out summing boxes well. Coming from the presonus I went with a drawmer mc3.1 which really sounds great and has more then enough drive to get you from 0-100 real quick.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thank you bro, so the ssl fusion sounds better in conjunction with the D-box than itself right?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yave Blackfire View Post
Hello guys I have a question,

Selling my D-Box and get the SSL Fusion? or keep it?

The point is, I bought the d-box years ago and I really like the monitoring section but the summing is not that "wow" yes I have a little more deep, but is very subtle, in other hand all the videos and reviews about the ssl fusion are sick. So what do you think?., Also if I sell it the presonus central station is a good replacement for the monitoring section?

Thanks.
I'm from the "not convinced about summing camp" I just don't buy into the better separation thing when you can't get more separate than the DATA streams of a DAW that have no cross talk.

BUT - I do get summing when your adding out board gear as it makes gain staging easy and removes the issue of latency, and in those cases the summer is doing it's job as acting as an audio mixer.

For analogue saturation the Fusion will give you that and extra sound stage width with it's various M and S magic tools.

So personally, if you're not using the summer for adding outboard, I'd sell it and get the Fusion.

Or more exactly, I'd get the Fusion dial in it's amazing tools and then make a double blind ABX test for yourself with and without the D box - if you can't hear any difference sell the D Box.

If you can hear a difference, keep the D Box.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
I'm from the "not convinced about summing camp" I just don't buy into the better separation thing when you can't get more separate than the DATA streams of a DAW that have no cross talk.

BUT - I do get summing when your adding out board gear as it makes gain staging easy and removes the issue of latency, and in those cases the summer is doing it's job as acting as an audio mixer.

For analogue saturation the Fusion will give you that and extra sound stage width with it's various M and S magic tools.

So personally, if you're not using the summer for adding outboard, I'd sell it and get the Fusion.

Or more exactly, I'd get the Fusion dial in it's amazing tools and then make a double blind ABX test for yourself with and without the D box - if you can't hear any difference sell the D Box.

If you can hear a difference, keep the D Box.
Good advice bro, well so far I have only the D-box and yes eventually I want to buy a bus compressor stam SA4000 but the ssl fusion apparently looks good!

Actually this week I have in mind to make a blind test listen a mix with the d-box and without.

Thank you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
The Fusion and Stam will make a dream team.
You can use the Stam with the Fusion insert points.

On your mix bus you'll have, saturation, EQ, width control, de-essing and compression.

I'm sure it'll sound fantastic!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

hi,
I have the D-Box and the Fusion.. and also i have the SSL G Bus Compressor connected to the Fusion.. I personally love the sound coming out of the D-Box summing mixer then into the Fusion/SSL-G...Personally i would advice you not to sell the D-Box for 3 reasons:
- As a monitor controller it would sound more transparent than the Presonas central station
- As a summing mixer, it will work great with outboard gear in terms of sound separation and gain staging in addition to no latency
- It has a fantastic stereo mastering grade D/A for monitoring that you will greatly miss if you let go (unless you got a dedicated stereo D/A like the dangerous Convert 2 or something)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnawara View Post
hi,
I have the D-Box and the Fusion.. and also i have the SSL G Bus Compressor connected to the Fusion.. I personally love the sound coming out of the D-Box summing mixer then into the Fusion/SSL-G...Personally i would advice you not to sell the D-Box for 3 reasons:
- As a monitor controller it would sound more transparent than the Presonas central station
- As a summing mixer, it will work great with outboard gear in terms of sound separation and gain staging in addition to no latency
- It has a fantastic stereo mastering grade D/A for monitoring that you will greatly miss if you let go (unless you got a dedicated stereo D/A like the dangerous Convert 2 or something)
Thank you bro, actually a friend told me the same.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

never heard Fusion.. But I've had D box for years.. love the DA converter on it..
But I also after a while stopped using Summing part.. was happy with my ITB mixes..
But I like the change things up some times.. so I'm back to using it. But all I do now is use 6 channels just 1/2 for main 2buss and 3/4 as a parallel and 5/6 for a drums parallel.

my main 2buss on this project I'm mixing now is 2 Capi VP28's into a WesAudio Dion comp.. Parallel buss is just plugs.. going into Dbox but drums parallel is Chandler TG2 into 2 Distressors.. using the Dbox to merge that stuff then print the Dbox 2ch out back into session.. sounds great this time..

I would keep Dbox little longer get the Fusion or other gear and use Dbox to blend things.. before you decide to sell it.. plus you'd be losing a good DA.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
never heard Fusion.. But I've had D box for years.. love the DA converter on it..
But I also after a while stopped using Summing part.. was happy with my ITB mixes..
But I like the change things up some times.. so I'm back to using it. But all I do now is use 6 channels just 1/2 for main 2buss and 3/4 as a parallel and 5/6 for a drums parallel.

my main 2buss on this project I'm mixing now is 2 Capi VP28's into a WesAudio Dion comp.. Parallel buss is just plugs.. going into Dbox but drums parallel is Chandler TG2 into 2 Distressors.. using the Dbox to merge that stuff then print the Dbox 2ch out back into session.. sounds great this time..

I would keep Dbox little longer get the Fusion or other gear and use Dbox to blend things.. before you decide to sell it.. plus you'd be losing a good DA.
That’s a good idea, I’ll do it. I have two Capi 26.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yave Blackfire View Post
That’s a good idea, I’ll do it. I have two Capi 26.
Cool.. Good luck

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search